As people who know me or read this may or may not know that I haven't been in work for the 2 weeks when exams have been on. And I was really gutted about this fact, and spent most of the 2 weeks I had off work being depressed and having work withdrawal symptoms. But I'm back at work now, which is brilliant and although this past week has been hectic due to being back at work, I'm happy and that is all that matters!
Saturday was..... awkward. For some reason.... I wasn't put down to work. I checked the rota as soon as I went in. No time for me! So there I was, standing in my uniform ready to work... but having no time to work! Everyone was like "It's your day off!" And I was like "No... I had the two weeks off previous! I should be back today!" But no, one of the managers said I could stay and work now I was here. So that is what I did! I was put on a till, and worked. Until 4ish when the till got taken and I didn't do that much until 5ish when I was allowed to go. It was a pretty weird day due to this fact! I am so happy I am back as there has been some gossip and slapping going on.... and who doesn't love that?! Plus, people were like "we missed you!" And one of the guys was like "I hope you have failed your exams" and I was like "what?!? Thanks for the vote of confidence!" And then he said "I don't mean it in a nasty way, I mean it so then you'd have to spend the rest of your life here!"
But don't worry. I think I sorted out the holiday thing on Monday. I talked to one of the managers and asked to see the holiday rota. I was meant to be working as I wasn't on holiday that saturday. So that didn't count as my holiday and I will still get paid normally. It was quite a quiet day. And I realised my main manager actually comes to the place I call sixth form on wednesday evenings! We had a lovely chat about that. I was let go early due to quietness. I was glad about this fact... especially because of the next day.
Tuesday was mad. Utter madness. Chaos. No one expected it to be this mad. It was pouring outside, it actually looked like we were trapped inside a waterfall. It was main managers birthday as well and we all signed a card for him! We had queues for hours. And I was one of the only tillers without a runner! So it was a very busy day indeed. My biggest order was over £45. And it was all takeaway! I am rubbish at putting stuff in bags for takeaways. But I tried with this order and think I sort of managed to! And before all the madness started, I got asked if I wanted to work until 6, instead of finishing at 4.30. Which I agreed to. But after the rush, which lasted until around 4.30, all I wanted to do was go home and sleep! But of course I couldn't. I only just survived until 6. An 8 hour shift! Then the shutters went down as we started talking to the security guard about some crazy shiz and he nearly got hit on the head by the shutter. Finally, my till got counted up by leg hair man and I went home!
The next couple of days were my days off. On the Wednesday, I saw Lish and we went to Riverside to see Maleficent. We had Nandos for lunch, went on the arcade, looked around the shops and saw the film, which we both agreed it was really good, better than we thought it was going to be. It was a really good day overall and we had a few funny moments which was good as I love Lish and feel like I don't see her enough at sixth form!
Thursday was my staying at home day. I started rereading The Fault In Our Stars. I did a bit of maths revision as well as I haven't done hardly any this past week as I have been so busy! I also had a random nap in the middle of the day for an hour, which was really beneficial for me as I felt so much more awake.
Friday was good. Ok, I got asked again if I could work until 6. I was thinking "again??" Also, I had a training meeting at 8 the next day. But I did work it simply because I could. We were reasonably busy I guess. A lot of people I knew came in today to get served by me which was really nice! First people in were my mum, nanny and brother. They had 2 meals and my nanny came and ordered her meal using her posh voice which she uses when ordering and we always laugh about that. She has never used this voice for me though, so this caused me to laugh a lot as my nanny is not posh at all! Anyway, my main manager knows my mum due to the unforgettable flipout friday and the fact she always comes up and my nanny due to the fact that once, she came up to me, laughing, saying "I'm a bad customer. I'm not hungry!" looking like she had taken some drugs! When I turned around, main manager was laughing and looking at me concerned saying "do you know this woman?" So yeah, he said to me after they had gone "I saw your mum, brother and nanny! Were they on a day out?"
The next people I knew who came up was Lish and her mum! It was really nice to see them as I don't think her mum has came up to see me before?! (Correct me if I'm wrong Lish!) And I gave her our little wave! Also, I had to make a mango smoothie... but I put the lid on, don't worry! We talked about the book Lish has now read and apparently the ending is perfect?! No spoilers there! Next up was my regular Elli, and Jordan. Obviously wanting her usual! She was on her way to her interview so I made her a little good luck note with a bears face on it, just to relate to the job! And of course, I awwwed at the fact Jordan was there for moral support! Then near the end of my shift, Jessie and Eddie came in! I was there until the shutters closed and once again, leg hair man did my till and I always say "Tuesday was the first time you have counted my till" then he is like "LIES! All lies!"
Saturday was tiring. I got home around 7 the night before because of traffic. So I wasn't really in the mood for a training meeting at 8 the next day. Especially as you have to get up at around half sixish, or in my case more like 7 and leave the house by half 7 to ensure you get there on time. So I got there at 8ish and some people were already there and I helped myself to a fanta. It is really weird going on front counter with normal clothes on, even when the shutters are down! Then we had to write down the 12 criticals. Somehow I knew them all! And got them all right! Then we had to write a bit about each one, some I had no clue what to write for! It was a long meeting. It started at 8, lasting until around 10.30. At that time, I was wondering what to do so I went with one of my work friends to the card factory to buy a fathers day card. The day ahead was a drag. It wasn't busy at all. It was more busy on Tuesday (much busier) and Friday, which is saying something and seems quite weird as Saturday is usually the busiest day of the week. My work friend shared her till with me as I didn't have a till and we switched quite a bit from running and tilling. My favourite customer of the day was like "Your name is easy to remember! Only 3 letters! You have the same name as my daughter!" To which I replied "No, the amount of times people call me the wrong name is unbelievable!" He was like "really?" And I was like "yes!" Then I pointed to one of the girls who always calls me a different name and explained this to him. He was like "wow, it isn't that hard!" The till got taken at half threeish and I made a huge tower of kids bags until 4ish. Then I got told to go home, which I was happy about as I didn't have a till and wasn't doing that much as nothing really needed to be done.
But no, I have had a really good busy week this week, even though most of it was spent at work, working extra hours and stuff. My days have blurred into one. I actually don't want to go back to sixth form I have had such a good time off... some lucky people don't even have to come in this week, like Lish and Kez! I envy them so much! To be honest, I don't see the point in starting the next year of sixth form after exams have finished. I say that they should tell us to come in for a couple of days, like the induction days, tell us the textbooks and stuff we'll need and give us some summer work/relevant reading (I say this as me and Kez read Jane Eyre for English Literature in the summer. It was a long book.... and in the end we didn't even study it!) to complete like last year, rather than spending our last few weeks beginning next year when firstly, people including myself may not be returning next year due to grades and secondly... we have 6 weeks off for summer. I can barely remember what I had for tea last night, let alone stuff I did 6 weeks ago!
So yeah, its all good...
A :)
No comments:
Post a Comment