By the way, I have mentioned this before but wanted to emphasise the point again. This is like a "favourites," but not exactly the same. I do include favourites of mine at the moment in this post, but more often I have recurring themes in different months. They may not necessarily be my personal favourite things, but for a realistic view of my month, I include the recurring themes. I was thinking about changing it to a favourites, but then I decided against it for that reason. If that makes any sense?Film: This was the main reason I decided to make this post. To rave about one of my all-time favourite films I have recently discovered around two weeks ago. And that is Fantastic Mr Fox. Ok, I know it was released in 2009 which was so six years ago, but I have only just watched it this month and thought it was amazing! I read the book in my childhood, and wanted to go and see it at the cinema, but it never really happened. I think the reason why I love the film so much is because it is just a family film with comedy elements, and the attention to presentation is so detailed. My favourite character would probably have to be have to either be Ash or Kylie, but I also liked the rat as I ended up feeling rather sorry for him near the end, which sounds weird but true. If you haven't seen this film, I would highly recommend it.
Music: I have been listening to my Ipod when revising using the "shuffle" feature. And one song that I didn't know that I even had on my ipod, but is really nice and a good song for revision is the Guillemots' song: Falling Out of Reach.
The lyrics at the start just reflect how I want to be feeling this month with exam stress, so definitely a recurring theme for this month!
Food: I have actually been really healthy this past month whenever I have been at home. Mainly because of approaching exams, but I have been having a lot of salads and healthy drinks. My ultimate drink this month has definitely been orange juice, Tropicana Orange or the Tropicana Orange and Mango (this flavour is strong, Gemma was standing around a metre away from me and I starting drinking it and she was like "I can smell that from here!") but honestly these healthy drinks have helped me this month with everything. As I haven't really been at work much, I haven't had a lot of unhealthy food. Although at the beginning of the month, my friend at work made me the most messiest burger which isn't even on the menu but it was so nice... the Ciabatta Tendercrisp with Pulled Pork!Day: My days this month have been very sixth form centred, I didn't go to work for almost three weeks as one day I called in sick and the other was my holiday. I also had to cancel driving one week. Which sucks as that just leaves sixth form as the main thing I am doing in my life. One day that has really stood out for me this month was last Friday, where I had double Maths and the leavers lunch. And that may not seem like much, but it was the last proper time at sixth form where our friend group were all together, and it made me really happy and emotional at the same time!
Thought: I keep questioning my degree subject choice. Sociology. Yes, I like the subject and out of all the subjects I do, that is the one I'd prefer to revise, don't get me wrong. English Lit and Maths aren't far behind, and I'm actually quite glad I have a mixture of subjects, one art, one science and one humanity. I'm just having doubts about whether sociology is the subject for me as I do more revision for it. It is very theory based, nothing is set in stone and it has become a bit "wishy-washy." There is so much theory that it has become impossible to actually know every single thing. I'm also finding it to be a very negative subject in a way, to me it criticises society a lot with most of the perspectives and I would consider myself to look on the positive side rather than the negative, so learning all this negativity really doesn't suit me. I still like the idea of university and the subject of sociology, but I am questioning whether I have made the right decision with subject choice, and whether it is right for me.
Quote: "You are doing a brilliant job Amy well done! Just keep going Amy, you are doing the best job ever!" This quote was from a customer who I didn't know, but he sounded so happy and his cheering made me motivated to work! I just need someone like him with me whenever I am at sixth form!
Dream: I keep having recurring themes in my dreams. They are mostly about exams. I had one the other night about the English Literature exam, basically we were all in the exam and the question for the comparison included a photo of the sponsored walk and it was asking how the texts and the photo linked to the song "Broken Strings" by James Morrison and corruption! Another started with me at work, which had turned into loads of escalators with all of us just travelling on escalators, then I somehow ended up in a Maths exam with an impossible question in front of me! My dreams are just strange at the moment and it always links into an exam theme.
YouTube: I have really been enjoying watching Youtubers gameplays of Life Is Strange. Episode Three was released this month, and it ends on such a big cliff hanger. There are so many mysteries, you just want to know what happens as there are so many possibilities! My main theory is that I think somehow Max is connected to Rachel through Chloe, with David, Nathan and the Principal somehow but I honestly have no idea!
Hope you enjoyed this different blog post and I'll be back to my usual ramblings next blog post!
So yeah, it's all good...
Amy :)




No comments:
Post a Comment