Book: While on a cheeky Nandos quest with Siobhan way back in August, I picked up the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins in The Works for £8. Which is a pretty good price for all three books and I really did want to read them. I'll admit, it took me a few chapters before I got into it properly and started reading it. I'm now over halfway through the first book and I am finding it a good read so far. It is a typical teenage book, although I can see the appeal to adults as well. My favourite character has to be Rue, I really liked the way she was compared to Prim as that made me sympathise with her a lot more. Edit: Now finished the book. Thought the ending was rather predictable but I am definitely reading the second and third one.
Music: I am mid clearout of my room and found a load of old CDs. Including homemade CD's that were created for me by a couple of friends, loaded with old childhood songs that I used to love, Like From Paris To Berlin and Castles In The Sky. They were a great find. But right now... I can't wait until the last and final episode of Life is Strange, which will be released on the 20th October according to Steam. Especially as episode 4 ended on such a cliffhanger. I had to re-watch all the episodes just because I was having withdrawal symptoms. I really noticed the soundtrack and how it really added an extra something to the game. One of the songs really got to me though... it was playing when Chloe discovers Rachel and it is called Mountains by Message To Bears. That just has so many feels for me, but I love it for that reason. Another favourite from the soundtrack is Mt Washington by Local Natives, another amazing song that is definitely worth a listen. Another song not related to Life Is Strange that I have been loving is Waiting For Love by Avicii.
Youtuber: The youtuber that I am loving is JDR makeup. She makes videos dedicated to beauty, fashion, lifestyle and hauls. The main reason why I like her channel so much is probably for her uni videos, even though I am not going to university right now... I just like watching them and the advice she gives, I find the really interesting. She seems relatable and approachable, she achieved 10,000 subscribers the other week and deserves a lot more.Word: "Cool" I need to stop saying that to everything everyone says as I have started annoying myself by saying it so much.
Debate: We had a debate that really got us all thinking at work... if there were three movies that were all linked together, like a series the word for it would be a trilogy. But what would four be? We all discussed it and the majority (including customers as we asked them) thought it was a quadrilogy but I was convinced that wasn't a real word. After consulting Google, turns out it is a quartet, we were almost there but not quite. I think it can be either... but anything after five movies is a series for me!
Thoughts: September is usually a month of change when you are at school as you move into the year above, have new teachers and a timetable. It has felt weird not returning to school this year, considering I have been returning back to school every September for virtually all of my life... everyone goes through it though. But again, it is just another change. It has surprised me how much I actually miss it. Simply for the social side, it was a good way to socialise with friends. However now I hardly get a chance to see them. I knew it would happen, but I really didn't want it to. Especially as most of my friends have the weekends off and I work every weekend. The great thing is that it is way more easier than it was to stay in contact with people, especially with things like Facebook Messenger. I don't tend to send messages on the group conversation and I am rubbish at replying to some messages, I am trying to get better at that. It is just crazy how quick life can change sometimes!Day: There have been a few good days in September as well as bad ones. Like I mentioned one Thursday I was so angry for some reason in the afternoon where I was at work, I tried to block it out but failed. It took me a while to calm myself down. It has been tough at work for some days this month, and I think the best news that happened in October was that I had won Employee Of The Month for September, which I am confused about as I nearly always make a mess but happy for the recognition. The best days in September included the farewell uni picnic, a lazy night in with a few friends where we ordered pizza and watched YouTube and a pub night out with the work lot, where I got quite drunk. I wasn't so thankful for it the next day but it was a Sunday so it could have been worse!
Blog Thoughts: I have also had thoughts about my blog too. I am not going to do the weekly blog posts anymore! Instead I am going to blog whenever I like about different things rather than diary style posts. The things I am thinking about are lifestyle, advice and reviews.
I'm thinking about starting an advice series, just talking about different topics, whatever is in my mind. I have spent quite a few months creating a sixth form survival guide in the drafts and really enjoyed making it, but I don't know whether to publish it as it is one of my more long posts! I am just going to experiment with this blog for a bit and see how it goes, it will be a fresh new start.
So yeah, it's all good...
Amy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment