Thursday, 25 May 2017

Terrorism...

I decided to make this post as at the beginning of this week, there was a truly terrible tragedy in Manchester. A massive explosion happened at the end of an Ariana Grande concert. I'm not going to go into the details too much as you can easily go onto a newspaper article online and read them, plus they are horrendous to even read. A Daily Mail article even blamed Ariana's outfit choices as a cause of the explosion, which I think is ridiculous. All I wanted to do with this post was share my thoughts and opinions.

I think terrorism should be brought more to the front of peoples minds. I know it is such a horrific thing to hear about in the papers and to even think about the effects terrorism can bring into peoples lives, but at the same time, this explosion made me realise that none of us are really truly safe.Young children lost their lives by going to a concert, what was meant to be one of the happiest events of their lives. It's vile and disgusting to think that innocent people, including children, lost their lives to twisted people like that. Since the explosion happened, police have been on high alert especially in Manchester and London, and even in my home town I have heard about police going around the place ensuring things are safe. The government is putting this tragedy and terrorism on the critical list as they believe the bomber is part of a bigger group of terrorists, which I agree with completely. I have a feeling that the bomber was a part of a bigger group, who had the same values as he did.

Unfortunately, we will never be free of the threat of terrorism, we can never completely eradicate terrorism from this world. It is harsh but true, it is like war in that sense, there will always be war. World peace will never be possible as people have many conflicting opinions and ideologies, and these can create wars. Religion is also a big factor in how both terrorism and war even begin, I learnt a lot about religion in A level Sociology and found it pretty interesting how it unite a society together, yet it can also destroy societies too.

I feel like the best way to deal with the threat of terrorism is exactly what Manchester did. Unite together. People opened their doors to others. Pure kindness and heroism was the way forward. Children were transported to a hotel for safety. We shouldn't let this threat make us afraid to live our lives and go to concerts. Otherwise we would be letting these twisted people win. However I also feel like people should be aware and stay strong. That they aren't completely safe in this world, and I feel people shouldn't voluntarily make themselves more vulnerable in any way if they are alone as you never know who is out there.

All I really want you as a reader to take away from this post is to please be more aware of the threat of terrorism a bit more, even when it isn't plastered all over the news. Please be aware. Spread the awareness of terrorism and stand strong to rise above it.

I was considering whether or not to make this post, as it is such a tough subject to talk about. But this is what is happening in the world and I felt it was appropriate to have a say and create more awareness.

Tough subjects aside, I will be back with a more light-hearted and happier post soon!

So yeah, it's all good...

Amy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment