I wanted to have a bit of a mini ramble about Christmas in general for me this year. I've split this post into three different sections, which includes preparations, events and Christmas itself. Enjoy!
![]() |
| I was so impressed with Jordan's wrapping skills! |
This year, I was determined to become more organised for Christmas. I'm usually that person who leaves things incredibly last minute however this year I decided to start my Christmas shopping in November. I bought all the presents by mid-December and spent a good few hours wrapping one weekend. The living room was such a mess with wrapping paper and piles of presents in every corner! For me, this is pretty impressive as I usually leave shopping until the last two weeks of December. It was actually rather nice to not be stressing for once and I'm definitely going to be doing my Christmas shopping earlier from now on!
This is also the first Christmas in our new home, which is scary. In a good way! We have our mini Christmas tree up in the living room with handcrafted Christmas decorations which I bought from a Christmas fair. I think it looks so cute! Jordans mum has her own craft business, and she decorated and personalised a Christmas Eve box for us, which we have put underneath the tree with a couple of treats inside. I didn't go too all out with Christmas decorations as we simply don't have the space for it. I have the presents we are giving loved ones on one side of the living room and the presents we have received around the tree on the other side of the room. Now we have received our Christmas presents, we have hardly any room at all in the living room to walk!
I also made the most delicious vanilla and cinnamon flavoured cupcakes on Christmas Eve. On the morning of Christmas Eve, I was in Asda at half 7 purchasing the necessary ingredients to make these cupcakes and it was so busy! I bumped into a couple of friends as well, and even almost ended up in the trolley with their pigs in blankets. Luckily I managed to escape reasonably quickly. The cupcakes came out really well, despite not managing to find the kitchen scales to make them so I guessed all the ingredient quantities! I took them round Christmas day and all my family loved them, and even Jordan said they were the best cupcakes he had ever had (and he is the fussiest eater ever) so they were a huge success!
![]() |
| Some things never change... |
If you are a long term reader (phahaha who am I kidding, no one apart from me reads this) you may remember that I created a blog post last year which rambled a lot about my Christmas events and nights out. This year, I have not created such a post. I want to live a more private life and live in the moment with everyone who I care about. I also haven't taken hardly any photos at any of these events as I just want to live in the moment and not worry about taking photos! I've found nights out are sometimes better that way!
I went to Jordan's sister's Birthday get together which was a hilarious family night. I went to London for our work team Christmas do, which was probably one of the most craziest nights ever at Core Bar, featuring flying chocolate, a tipsy taxi ride and an eventful journey home. Our hometown Christmas do was also a hilarious night and my tweet pretty much summed that one up: Five Five Guys Burgers, Four Carol Singers, Three Unknown Drinks, Two Parts of a Broken Wine Glass and a packet of Stolen Strips O' Beef! I went to Jordan's Christmas work do, which was an insane night as well... it just was crazy. I love every single moment of all these events.
I've seen friends and family throughout this month on different occasions and evenings which has been amazing. I even managed to go to Spoons on a Monday, spending the grand total of £35. That was a tough week to get through! I've been tipsy for a good proportion of this month (including a couple of occasions where I was actually at work) however I have my limits like anyone does so I haven't been able to do everything I would have liked to do this month unfortunately!
Christmas:
Christmas was an amazing day. I woke up and it was so strange to be waking up in a new home with Jordan on Christmas Day. It really did feel all the more special. We went downstairs and opened our presents together, where we truly realised how well we both know each other! I loved Jordan's logic of the way he chose my presents, which were based around the four aspects of Amy's life. It was great and extremely accurate, I loved the thought behind it!
We then had the challenge of loading up the car with the presents to take over to the family. This year we had Christmas dinner with my family which was delicious and really chill. We got more presents from my family and had a lazy, drinking afternoon playing Mario Kart and Mario Party on the switch. Both sets of grandparents came round at different points in the day. It was really great and just went that bit too quickly!
Around 5pm, my mum kindly drove me and Jordan to Zoe's house (she was going to pop in to see my aunt anyway who is on the same route) where more fun began. We received even more presents from Jordan's side of the family. We played more games, the drawing game which we played on Zoe's birthday which made us virtually cry with laughter, Jackbox and even more Mario Party. The drinking games began in the midst of all that! Food was served as a buffet style spread, and we all sang The Twelve Days of Christmas where we had our different parts to sing. It was such a great evening and a lot of fun. I went to bed at around 3am, we stayed at Zoe's for the remainder of the night.
It was such a great day and I'm sad the Christmas festivities are coming to an end!
Only 363 more days to go until next year!
So yeah, it's all good...
Amy








No comments:
Post a Comment