So I have decided to nickname sixth form days over a two week period for myself. I don't really know why, it was just something I came up with today. As I nicknamed today "Killer Monday" on the way to sixth form. It is a very suitable name as I had one hour of private study, double English Literature, double Maths with the first hour in our lunch hour, and then another hour of private study. Today is definitely a killer of a day as we don't get a lunch hour, so I have around 4 hours of constant lessons. I have also nicknamed other days on my timetable, like tomorrow is "Random 2 Hour Gap Tuesday" and Week 2 Tuesday is "Quadruple Private Study Day." I will think of more as time goes on!
I was so motivated at the start of today. I went in for private study for an hour and got a fair amount of sociology revision done. Compared to my private study at the end of the day... as I was tired and couldn't be bothered to do any more work, not straight after 4 hours of English Lit and Maths! So I just went on BBC Iplayer and started watching a documentary that Gemma recommended for English Lit, but it wasn't all to do with English Lit and I got a bit bored, so I spent the remainder of the time watching The Great British Bake Off final. Then Maddy started watching it as well, so I think I was a trendsetter for Bake Off watching in private study! Maths was ok, just did some stuff. We spent most of it chatting about really random things.
The reason for the title is mainly of the occurrences in English Literature today. A couple of weeks ago, we did this test question thing (see "Non-Stop Monday..." for more details... today, but a couple of weeks ago!) We were meant to get our mark and grade back this lesson that we had today. But no. Apparently, they have been marked and graded but we aren't allowed to know what we got! No, we had to go up to the front of the class individually, speak to the teacher about how much revision we did for it and then sit back down. I was dreading this as we had to be truthful about how much we had done. Or how little, in my case. I only did an hour of revision before doing the actual question itself! And by reading back my blog post... I can recall most of it was talking to Gemma so it probably wasn't even an hour. Whoops! But I think honesty is the best policy. So when it got to me, and most people had told our teacher about the larger amount of revision they actually did for it, I thought "I'm not going to lie. We got told to be honest, so that is what I'm gonna do!" Our teacher asked me "How long did you spend on your revision for this test question Amy?" I replied "To tell you the truth, I only started revising for it an hour before we actually started the test question!" He looked a bit shocked after I actually stated that and said "You are the only person who has surprised me so far with the amount of revision you have done." I was dismissed back to my seat after that. After he went through everyone else... he stated that only one person had surprised him. Sorry! Apparently we find out our actual mark and grade on Thursday this week. Why we couldn't know today... I will never know.
I do like surprising people. Whether it is good or bad, I sometimes do. It kind of started in middle school. I was doing my cycling proficiency at school, and I can remember the teacher was getting really annoyed at me as I kept wobbling all over the road and I couldn't cycle straight. She even threatened to tell my class teacher about it and phone home as she said I was one of the worse cyclists she had ever come across for cycling in a straight line. It all sounded big and scary when you are in year 6. So I told my mum about this and at the weekend, we went out on our bikes and I practised cycling straight for a couple of hours. I finally perfected it. So when I actually did my cycling proficiency test, she was amazed. I have no idea why. She looked at me like I had conducted a miracle there and then. She was like "You are the most improved cyclist I have ever come across. I can't believe it." She was literally gobsmacked. Fast forward some years later, and I'm sitting my Sociology GCSE exams. I was expected to get a C. I expected I would get a C as in Year 10, I sat one of the exams and got a C. My mind was elsewhere due to family issues that occurred that morning. I'm not saying it caused it, but it didn't help. It was something you can't erase from your memory, no matter how hard you try. Then it was results day and I got a grade I didn't expect at all. Three grades above target. No idea what happened there! I suppose I can add Maths AS level on the list of surprises now. All of my teachers kept telling me "Whatever you do, try and get an E." To be honest, I thought the exams went terribly! I was a bit speechless and confused when I opened my results. Luckily, Will was there as my voice: "a B??? How the hell did you get a B in Maths?" which was exactly what I was thinking. I also have no idea again what happened there. Maybe my papers are getting muddled up? After deciding to continue with Maths for another year, I'm kinda glad one of my teachers did trick me into continuing with Maths! And of course Sociology for this year, as my teacher expected me to get a B, but I didn't. And I also kept my job as well. My manager commented on how she was surprised about how far I had come since my very first shift when I got given my permanent contract.
I don't know what that was all about in the paragraph, went into a bit of a ramble! I don't want to delete it all now though.
In other news... I do have a bit of a structure for my blog this week, I'm blogging about youtubers tomorrow (creating this post in the drafts...) and the day after... well, that is a very momentous day for my blog...
So yeah, it's all good...
A :)
No comments:
Post a Comment