I spent this weekend at work, like most weekends. I was meant to actually have this weekend off as I booked a random holiday for this weekend, but my manager put me down to work this weekend a couple of weeks ago. Confused, I asked about it which actually led to her begging me to work that weekend! So I agreed. The next week, I check the schedules for the next two weeks and I'm not put down to work the two weekends. Confused yet again, I asked main manager about it as I have had almost all my weeks holiday for this year (two weeks off for exams, one week for Spain and now this random weekend) on Saturday and he said he'd change it. On Sunday, it still wasn't changed, so I finally got it sorted by another manager. I've now got the next weekend off and working the weekend after that, thankfully it is all sorted now!
I kind of wish I did have this weekend off work. Everything started out so well, all calm and happy. I looked around the city to see what I could buy with my £20 voucher I received from school for doing well in my Sociology GCSE as it expires soon. In the end, I decided I was going to buy Waterloo Road The Complete Series 7 on DVD to remind me of the conversations I used to have with Claire about Waterloo Road in our GCSE Sociology classes, but I didn't have enough time to get it. I had to run to work and I only just got in on time! It was all good though. Main manager was like "You are always in such a good mood and are always smiling!" I had my break, then things started to go wrong. The fizzy drinks machine broke. Ice creams were on/off all day. It was a bit crazy as a majority of the customers order fizzy drinks. Even with signs around the front counter, they were still asking for fizzy drinks. I had a couple of memorable customers. This man was so grumpy that I served, and he wanted to know the difference between a kids hamburger meal and an adults in every possible aspect. The price, the burger itself, the drink size, the fries portion size. He kept interrupting whenever I said anything, which made me even more confused about what I had told him and what I hadn't. And it turned out I forgot to tell him the drinks would be slightly bigger in the adults meal and it turned out he had also ordered the wrong milkshake flavours, taking his anger out on us. I did have a lovely customer at the end of the day, I've actually served her before and remembered that she has a discount, although she forgot her card today, I gave it to her anyway as I remembered she had it before. We had a lovely conversation as she doesn't live near the city but always comes in every once in a while. She said that she remembered getting served by me before a few weeks ago and that she likes getting served by me as I give her the discount and I "have a smile." Apparently she came in a couple of weeks ago and got served by another girl who didn't really smile that much, nor give a discount, so I'm happy that I have made a friend with a customer! She said "see you next time!" which was nice and when she had finished her meal, she called across the food court to me: "Bye!" And who can forget the customer who asked if we had any sets and I thought she was asking me for sex. Awkward times...
Sunday was... ok. Fizzy drinks machine was still broken. Used up all the milkshake mix, so no milkshakes. Plus the machine also broke. Bottles were dangerously low as well. Hot drinks machine broke as when I got some hot water, it wouldn't stop so I called my manager over. Five minutes later... "No hot drinks!" Less busier than yesterday. This man got really uptight about how a girl charged his order and took a photo of front counter to complain to... someone. A kids party came up and ordered 20 children's meals, all with smoothies. So glad I didn't take that order! We had fun though, especially with making smoothies as we did super-size smoothies as a special treat just for today. The day dragged a bit as it was quiet, and many people came up, looked at the notices stating we had no fizzy drinks, milkshakes or hot drinks and just walked away. Kinda glad when I was allowed to go home!
I must have said "I'm afraid our fizzy drinks machine is broken" at least 100 times this weekend (no exaggeration.) So I'm happy I have the weekend off next week, but I'll miss all the chaos I think!
So yeah, it's all good...
A :)
No comments:
Post a Comment