Wednesday, 1 March 2017

A Secret Swamper...

I thought I would rant, so here are a couple of posts I have created in the drafts with me ranting. This one is about my room and how it is too small to fit my growing collection of possessions.

This is literally just a rant and there is no grand solution to my problem of having a too small room. I am a swamper (what I define as a hoarder in a particularly small space) I love my belongings and stuff too much and I have a small room, realistically too small to hold everything I own.

I have only had three rooms that I could call my own in my lifetime, one was in our previous house and I can't remember anything about it as I was a little baby. The second was downstairs in the house  I am living in now, it was my room for my younger years when I was a toddler and young child. My third and current room is the one I am in now, and have been in for years. Fun fact, my dad actually built my room from scratch.

I have always loved my room. It hasn't changed much from when I was young, I have never had a full room makeover as I have always felt I have never needed to, I have always thought it looks kinda cool how it is. The walls are yellow and there is no such thing as four walls in my room as it is a complicated structure, taking the sloped roof into account as well. It is a reasonably small room, there is no way I could ever have a double bed in it. I still love my room to this day.

However there is one problem. I have left education a couple of years ago and have started working full time. Meaning I am earning money, including more money to buy things. And the things I buy tend to go in my room. The more things I buy, the less space I have. You see my problem. My room is getting swamped. It feels like I am constantly tidying and sorting it out. Like all the time. I did a big sort out in summer, gave away piles of clothes and sorted out things I wouldn't want to keep any more. But the constant pile of things seem to be growing. I am struggling to find space for everything which means things go on the floor and more and more. And it's not like I have a very big room anyway so floor space is getting limited.

I know this post about my room isn't the most exciting in the world, I get that but it is a daily struggle for me. I have no plans to move out at this moment in time, I don't want all my money going on bills. I'd much rather enjoy the money I have, I try to save as much as possible but I can spend as well! I went to a massive Primark over a month ago and I spent £150 in there, the biggest primark haul I have ever had before. Before that the most I had spent in there would be around £20. Most of the stuff I got was for the impending holidays I have, Gibraltor in June and Spain in August. And these are the booked ones, there is the possibility of going to Ireland in September as well. I know a couple of people (luckily not my parents, their main concern was where I was going to put it all!) were like "you spent that much?" but I want to enjoy the money earn while I am young, its my choice with what I do with it as I am the one who is earning the money.

What I am trying to get at is the fact I would much rather be a secret swamper, I also struggle to get rid of things especially if they mean something to me although I have tried to be as harsh as possible when getting rid of stuff. Which still doesn't really work. I like how things are right now, I really am a hoarder. Expect me on "Secret Hoarders" soon! I really do look forward to having a bit more space when I am ready to move out, but for now I am being a swamper in my too small room and loads of random stuff. Plus the stuff have many memories attached to them, and they make my room what it is.

If anyone has any helpful tips about keeping your room organised, clean and tidy, especially with a small room and finding places for things, I would be very grateful. If not... I'm ok with that as I love being a swamper anyway!

Not sure what the point of this post was to be completely honest! I have had quite a busy time lately, Elli and Maddys Birthday beach trip, Kez's hen party, a few other nights out featuring bowling and the best Indian ever with the work lot, and just other random little events that have kept me busy. I think things are eventually going to calm down... plus I am really looking forward to the holidays in the not so distant future!

So yeah, it's all good...

Amy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment