As Christmas is fast approaching (yes I know it's still over a month away but that month will go quick!!) I thought I would do a quick Christmas tag! I haven't blogged at all this last week simply due to life getting very busy and Animal Crossing Pocket Camp being released. If you are a massive Animal Crossing fan, you should go and check that out and if not, you should still check it out anyway! I still think I'm doing reasonably well by blogging once a week. The selfie I have included was of me at Christmas last year, I had received a Pikachu hat and was so pleased with it!
Anyway this tag may also get me to actually realise Christmas is coming and I need to get organised and start planning peoples presents! I haven't done many tags in my time as a blogger so here we go!
1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
Personally I really love Elf, that is the film I watch every year without a doubt. I also really like the animated film called Arthur Christmas, it is such a crazy film but I love the story behind it. I also love the Nativity series, again it is a bit crazy and it does feel childish, but they are such cheesy and feel good films! I think if Mr Poppy wasn't a character I wouldn't like it so much, my favourite one would have to be the first film!
2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
It has to be Christmas morning! Who opens their presents on Christmas Eve? The only thing I open on Christmas Eve is an advent calendar chocolate!
3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
Oh wow... there are so many! I can remember when I was around 8 or 9 I went round my Aunts and we all had a dancing competition on my new dance mat which plugged into the TV and I was so gutted as my uncle won. Another year, I went round another aunt and uncles and it was so chill but crazy, this aunt and uncle are very particular about their food and we were literally serving up two christmas dinners, plus my two little cousins were so young at the time so it was such a crazy and fun time. My Christmas' with Jordan have also been great, although the past two years he has always been sick, so third time lucky this year! Another good memory was playing games in the evening with his family and getting the most shots out of everyone.. but I could handle them so well, for some reason I can't handle alcoholic drinks like cider but I can handle my shots! Another memory was last year when we had a family Christmas dinner and everyone was in a good mood and having a great time, and literally all my immediate family were round!
4. Favourite festive food?
It has to be Christmas dinner for me! I love chicken and gravy, roast potatoes and red cabbage. Pigs in blankets and stuffing are an absolute must have for festive food! Least favourite includes mince pies, christmas pudding and fruit cake... I don't like Christmas desserts!
5. Favourite Christmas gift?
My favourite as a child/teenager would have to either be my Game Boy Advance or my Nintendo DS Lite. I love handheld gaming and I got so excited when I received both of these (different years obviously)! I also love the first gift Jordan got me, it was a red jewelled heart charm for my Pandora bracelet, which is my favourite piece of jewellery ever. I'd say my absolute favourite gift would be my car, which I received for Christmas in 2015, my parents paid for some of the car as it was a "well done on passing your A levels" present as well as a Christmas present (plus they found it for me), and I paid the rest of the price of the car, plus insurance and tax. Expensive Christmas but so worth it!
6. Favourite Christmas scent?
My nanny always seems to wear the same overpowering perfume every Christmas however I don't know what it is called! Either that or the smell of Christmas dinner cooking in the oven!
7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Not really, I don't think. Actually we always get Fish and Chips from our favourite fish and chip shop at the time. My favourite Christmas Eve was when I was really upset I wasn't at work (crazy thinking about that now as I loved work) and my dad gave me vodka and I brightened up for the rest of the day, winning loads of things on the amusements, getting chips, and going to the Church to see the Christmas display! It was an amazing day with the family. But yeah chips are always a winner on Christmas Eve.
8. What tops your tree?
We always top the tree with an Angel. Its the same one every year, she has silver thread hair, a painted face and a light pink silk dress as well as pink wings. We used to have another one which looked like the female version of Jesus, which used to freak me out.
9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I wanted a Baby Born or a Baby Annabelle but I never received one as a kid! One very normal present I asked for every year was a lock on my bedroom door simply because my brother is so annoying and decides to come in my room whenever he wants. I never received a lock on my door despite it being on my list more than once! However around a year ago near Christmas, my bedroom door handle broke from the outside, it still works on the inside but if the door is shut, no one can enter from the outside as there is no handle there now. And from that, I begged my parents not to fix it and I finally got a sort of lock on my door! My Christmas present came early!
10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Best part for me is to have all the people I love under one roof, and for them all to be happy and loving life. Family get togethers to me are the true spirit of Christmas. Sharing quality time and memories with the people who mean the most to you is the best thing I would want for Christmas.
I really hope you enjoyed this short Christmas tag, I really enjoyed answering these questions! Maybe I should do more tags in the future! As for Christmas plans this year, it will be a bit different as I'm actually going to Jordans sisters for Christmas lunch which will be exciting and different! I will most likely be spending half the day with my family then half the day with Jordans. It is great either way, as I just see the family, eat, drink and play games all day!
So yeah, it's all good...
Amy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment