Monday, 6 November 2017

How I Make/Edit My Blog Posts..

Hi, so today I thought I'd create a shorter blog post on how I personally create/edit my blog posts as everyone creates posts in different ways

First I come up with an idea. This can be anything, I have a lot of ideas when it comes to my blog however I simply don't have the time to dedicate to create posts for all these ideas. I may take inspiration from my friends. There are only so many ideas you can have though. Personally I love doing chatty life update posts  (which can lead into a long rambly posts which I always love to create) and subscription box reviews as I always like to rate whether the box is worth getting or not. Therefore you'll typically see those kind of posts from me but I do want to create more different ones too, now I have more time to dedicate to my blog. I usually just use the drafts to just put a title of the idea and then draft it the best ideas later. It is sort of like a brainstorming time when thinking of blog ideas. I have around 30 drafts of brainstorming title ideas.

Next I develop the idea/draft the post. This is the most time consuming part. I never really do this on my laptop, I use Chrome on my phone as I don't have the time to write a post on my laptop. I usually write my posts at weird times of the day, like I normally type blog posts when travelling to and from work and weekend mornings. This is also my favourite part, just typing what I want to say however I do end up changing a lot of it last minute, simply down to preference and I can be quite picky! I normally have 3 or 4 developing drafts on the go at once now, I do have a lot of unfinished ones which I hope to publish sometime but I will let you know my plans for them!

And now this is the awkward part where I normally fail at spectacularly and it always means I can't publish as many posts as I'd like to. Actually editing and adding photos. So once I finish my post on my phone, I then add photos from my phone as who doesn't love photos... especially with my long posts! These can however take a while to load but its a convenient way to get them onto the blog. I then go on my laptop, change the size of some of the letters to emphasise the words more (my trademark), have a read through, usually cut down some parts I don't like (my posts have a tendency to overrun more than I like at times) read it all through again before pressing the Publish button. I never go on my laptop unless I have finished work for the day. So hence why my posts are usually published in the evening/night time.

I feel like the whole process takes me around 45 minutes to an hour to create on of my long posts. I don't time myself, naturally the longer the post, the more time I have spent on it. My Gibraltar post is a good example of that, however it is now one of my most popular posts. Plus I don't work on my blog post in one go, I usually write in the mornings while travelling or if I am bored and edit in the evenings. This post has been relatively easy in comparison to my longer posts and that is how I manage to complete my posts!

Hope you enjoyed this shorter post on how I create my blog posts!

So yeah, it's all good...

Amy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment