Thursday, 5 March 2015

Just No...

My reaction for this week. It's a no from me.

A reason why it is a no from me this week is that I have spent a great weekend at work. We were so busy, it was like being in the Christmas rush again. On Saturday, my manager decided to be with me throughout this rush and we were going through all these orders together at such an amazing speed. I'd be putting through an order on the till, she would be taking another persons order at the same time. Once I was done and sorted the money, she'd put her order through, leaving me to deal with the money side whilst running the order I had originally taken. It was good teamwork all the way throughout this lunchtime rush that made it work. I had broken my own personal record with how much money I could take in a small amount of time, especially as my till got taken around 3ish. My till was right. Everything was good. We were busy again on Sunday, I was alone this time but it was good. We had quiet spells and I just generally had a good time with everyone, as everyone was in high spirits. Especially with the love letter and ice cream shoes!

Another reason is partly down to mock results. Teachers know what results we have got. Which makes me want to know them more, but at the same time I really don't want to know. It is inevitable I will find out next week... I'm ready for them. Just blocking them out now as there isn't anything I can do about them now. Also, we only had to come in for mock exams last week and the previous week was half term.

Monday was long. Double private study with Siobhan. Where I couldn't really be bothered that much for it. I was exhausted after my weekend at work. So I organised my English folder and found a couple of critical comments. In the second hour, we spent time in the common room, which was English Lit related conversations, but then it turned towards the missing ceiling tiles... and it escalated from there. English Lit third and fourth. Attempted to structure my coursework a bit. Then talked to my teacher about his improvements for me for my coursework, and it turned out structure was an issue. As well as lack of analysis. I need to restructure it, I knew that before the conversation so hopefully I'll be able to restructure it, add a bit more analysis and hopefully it will be near to being finished. He did say the next copy I will send him will be an almost completely finished darft. Had conversations with Kez, Siobhan and Gemma about life, university, coursework, Kez's thinking face, the taxi driver ... and anything else. Maths for two hours. It was ok, except I didn't eat much of my lunch so that made me sad. Despaired over the mock and how we didn't like it. But hoping for method marks all the same! Homeward bound, arriving home at 3pm, instead of 5pm.

Just a weird and boring Tuesday. Double Sociology, where we made a poster and we had to write what we knew on the board at the front of the class, which was disastrous due to handwriting and ended with Jordan writing "Bishops high" on the board. After those two hours were over, I didn't have another lesson until 5th lesson so my mum kindly offered to pick me up. I ended up walking to my Aunt's house as my mum was there so we all talked for around half an hour in the kitchen. We left, then my mum suggested about going to our regular cake shop that we always go to. It was around half an hour away but I agreed as cakes. We went to the cake shop, ordered cakes from the lady who now knows my mum, looked in a few other shops, then returned to the car to find that we had a flat tyre. I immediately thought "yes an excuse to miss English Lit" but it turned out my mum knew how to pump up the tyre with this compressor that was in the back of the car. So we turned it on and it started making this really loud noise when inflating this tyre, a woman walked past and smiled at me sympathetically. I think she knew my pain of having to return to sixth form for the afternoon. Finally, we got home but it was soon time to go back. Managed to get my forms together for the sixth form ball and handed that in. Saw friends at lunch, which is always good times. English Lit last was boring. We had to improve coursework. I just want this coursework out of my life now. Think I may dedicate some time this week to get it out of the way. My English Lit teacher kept smiling at me in the lesson, turns out he was "humouring me" as I never stop smiling. He hasn't marked my mock exam yet, so I apologised for it before he does read it. Late bus journey home singing 80's classics with Elli and Theo. Learnt that humans grow 2.8cm when laying down each night, but when they get up they shrink back to their original height. Fascinating what you can learn through the radio!

Wednesday was productive. For the first two hours of private study, I made a coursework plan, with all the points of my argument and reordered my paragraphs to support the thread of my argument. Now I have to face the horrible task of actually reordering them on the computer so it actually makes sense and creates a structure in some way, which I will start tomorrow. I had my meeting with my psychology teacher, where she said I looked exhausted. Thanks! I do feel exhausted though and I think it shows. She also asked about mock exams, where I just said that I know they didn't go well and I am ready to accept that. The meeting finished just in time for sociology for two hours. The first hour was awful as we had to do this reflective task on the mock exams, where we had to list what we needed to know for each question and what we actually wrote in the exam. That was horrible! While this was going on, our teacher went round to everyone individually to ask how people found the mock exam. So I just told him the truth: "I will be resitting, it went that bad. I've failed it, but I'm ok about that! Everything came up that I just didn't like!" Everyone looked at me really weirdly when I said that as I sounded so happy about it, plus I was being honest. The second hour was spent in our second home creating our poster about religion and social class, where I had awkward encounters in the common room featuring Will and attempted to "adequately" cut straight. Group mentor was pointless. Lunch was food. And then another hour of private study.

Six period day Thursday. Almost fell out of the bus this morning, I was standing up, then the driver decided to brake really hard which nearly sent me flying out of the doors. Good job for the pole being right near the doors! Private study for two hours first where I reordered my entire coursework structure on my laptop. Added some bits in, took some pieces out. It is going on a massive overhaul right now. Then maths, where our teacher asked everyone, apart from me, how the mock exams went for them. I'm taking this as a sign that I have failed. Anyway we were doing Decision today and I brought all the wrong books with me. I'm taking this as a sign as well. Talked about Shrek the Musical, my fact from Tuesday, wood burners and a surreal TV show. Sweets were passed around again, which was good and I got my first piece of homework from this week (not so good). Then we had mentor and that was a bit pointless as apparently we were meant to be discussing revision timetables, but last mentor session, she agreed and said it was ok for me not to have one. Finally got round to eating and photos were taken. First hour our teacher said he had marking to do, so we could do coursework or act out 'Tis Pity. So Gemma and I got out our laptops in the classroom and went to the corner of the class to work on coursework. Then everyone else seemed to be disappearing and in the end it was Gemma, Lucy and myself left in the classroom with our teacher! Where we basically had a massive rant to him about our coursework and the mock exams, which was hilarious! The second hour was less entertaining, working on our coursework that is now due on the 12th. I think it is the final deadline. They didn't really make it that clear, even when I asked. So I am acting like it is, although I'm aiming to get it complete and emailed by the 10th, I just want it out of my life already. I'm just reordering it now, making a structure for my argument and cutting out parts.

It has been an exhausting week for me, I'm just glad for the rest now. As I have virtually all of tomorrow off and Sunday is a day off which I am going to spend relaxing as it will be one of my last full days off before revision starts. Monday I'll be looking through some stuff for resits as it will be inevitable I'll have to resit a few (especially Maths and Sociology.)

So yeah, it's all good...

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment