Thursday, 19 March 2015

Shots, Coursework and Sixth Form Rambles...

I have resolved to take more photos for my blog to break up the text a bit. It didn't really work out for the whole week, only lasting one day, which was Saturday! Oh well, may have to take a few more photos a sixth form... I'm publishing today as for me, this week is over.

Saturday was good. As per usual. I had another 9am-6pm shift at work so I was on front counter virtually all day, on the broken till with the bin diving manager running for me. I think we actually made a pretty good team as we took the most amount of money on one till, despite him going off at some points doing manager stuff. So I was sometimes on my own, sometimes with a runner. Problem was that there were too many people on front counter as everyone on till, apart from one, had a runner. So we were pretty squished all day and we could hardly get through each other at some points, especially the point where the bin diver got stuck near the fries station and literally had to throw three portions of fries at me. Elli and Maddy also came in and confused me by asking for tap water, then coke, then tap water. I was confused, but then realised the tap water was a code word for coke. The last hour dragged for a bit, but finally my shift was over.


One of the girls was leaving this weekend, so while I was on shift, plans were being made to go to the pub in the evening, after the cleaning was done. I had to battle with my mum a bit about going, but finally she said I was allowed to go. We had a bit of a wait, but luckily my friend had internet connection and I had got some nuggets on the way out. So we watched quite a few vines while eating nuggets in the staff room. Once they had finished, we all walked to the pub.

There was five of us to begin with, then one left after one drink, and two people joined. It was good, we all went to the bar and I got my J2O, while everyone brought their alcoholic drinks. We had to sit outside as there was no room inside, and we talked about work and jobs in general. Then I had two shots brought for me. It was only two, I thought, why not? Then the other guys arrived and found a space inside so we all relocated. Where someone else brought me another two. Four was half of what I had last time, so I thought that was a good place to stop. No, one of the guys decided to go to the bar and came back with a tray of four shots, and placed them right in front of me, saying "these are all for you!" At that point, I thought that I shouldn't, but I did anyway as I was having a good time, and again more lively than I normally am. I still felt like myself inside though, I was just louder and more happier. Just like last time. It is a bit of a blur of what really happened in the order of it now I think back. I can remember running outside to retrieve someone's bag as we had left it outside, taking photos, I hugged everyone I was with and I can remember laughing a lot. My mum picked me up and as soon as I got in the car, I asked if we could go to McDonalds. As soon as I said that, it was "how many did you have Amy?" I didn't tell her until the next day though, and I had a Big Mac, cheeseburger and fries. The Saturday night was weird, I went to sleep at around 11ish, woke up at 4.30am, watched YouTube for around an hour, fell back to sleep again and eventually woke up at 9am. Strangely enough, I was ok. I felt slightly tired, but I nearly always do and bearing in mind I had a nine hour shift as well. No headache whatsoever. In fact, I was actually really in the mood to do sixth form work so I did Sociology revision spidergrams, my nanny and granddad came round, we all had Chinese food for tea, it was just a chill sort of day with motivation to do something productive.

Back at sixth form first thing Monday. Bit of a contrast to the weekend! I had private study for two hours, did more than half of the Maths homework and got confused. Then made another spidergram for Sociology which I was so proud of as it was so neat. A productive two hours for me. Then English Lit, which was kind of boring as all we were really looking at was critical interpretations of Antony and Cleopatra and developing responses to them. Our teacher always comes over whenever I am really off topic though as today I was comparing the book sizes of mine and Kez's casebooks, I still think mine looks slightly thicker, and he said "I don't think that is what you are meant to be comparing." And when I said to Kez that I would give her half a mark from my Antony and Cleopatra essay to make our marks equal for this side of the exam, again he happened to be passing and was like "I don't think it quite works that way." He is never actually there when I'm actually doing the work! Year Eight's have been prioritised over our coursework, which I think is unfair. Which is the same with Maths, Year Eight have been prioritised over our markings so our chapter assessments won't be marked for a while. Maths was ok, doing integration, a weakness of all of us. We had to make this A3 poster and some of them were so complex. Gemma was literally like "No, I give up now. I hate Maths!" And to be honest, I was in the same mind set, except I felt like I was going to fall asleep as I was still tired from Saturday. I didn't want to leave it half-finished, so I tried the best I could. It was tough though, even our teacher had to agree and everyone in our class was sort of at the same stage with it. Finally, the bell rang and we were allowed to go, and of course the day that I didn't bring any money for my trip home was the day when we got a different bus driver. Luckily, I managed to avoid it as I was one of the last on the bus and I made a great deal of looking through my bag for my money, and it got to the point where he let me on. Found out from a year 12 that a majority of the year 12 mock grades were U's. Home, spent blogging, YouTube, tea.

Tiring Tuesday. Double Sociology, which made me tired as it was just our teacher talking and us highlighting. Then a driving lesson, which made me a lot more happier. However my driving instructor had a plan, to get rid of my fear of roundabouts, he decided to direct me down the more scarier roads. I was actually terrified of them, as at one point, I was going up this steep hill full of parked cars which I had to navigate around and going along really narrow roads with these two lorries. I also weren't really sure of where I was going either! Anyway, this tactic worked, as I have got better at roundabouts and after facing these scary roads, I was like "I think I can actually do roundabouts now!" Theory was mentioned again, but to be honest I don't think I know enough to actually be put in for my theory as yet. I'd much rather have more practise and get more used to the scary stuff on the roads! Returned to sixth form and filled out my voting slip for the sixth form ball with Elli. Lunch was discussing Connor's birthday plans and pleasure beaches. English Lit last, where I had just lost motivation to do any more work, so I just read my critical casebook, Kez found this funny review and was reading it to me.

I had a chat with my teacher about my coursework. So helpful! No issues with order and structure this time. No issue with AO2/AO3/AO4. The thing that was letting me down was my grammar, spelling and punctuation! I really do need to do a proper proof-read of my coursework and actually make sure it does make sense. As my teacher couldn't even understand some of the things I was trying to say in some sentences, and I couldn't even make sense of them myself. And the conclusion. That needs a rewrite. The rest of the essay has good content, just need to proof read, correct a lot of grammatical mistakes, express what I am trying to say more clearly and rewrite the conclusion in a more clearer way. I can do that though. I'm not going to change it any more dramatically, it is a good essay apparently as I was allowed to read the comment at the end of it, which I was so happy with... it was just the conclusion that let it down. It also needs a few a lot of adjustments so it makes sense! Again, I knew that was another issue. I also now know what grade my essay is currently, which is helpful and I am happy with it, and once I actually do the improvements suggested, the mark will definitely go up quite a bit according to my teacher. It is nearly there now... Aiming to complete it completely by the end of next week, we'll see how that goes.

Wednesday. Private study for two hours. Meeting with my old psychology teacher. She was proud of my results! Sociology for two hours. Where I found out that I have to resit half of my sociology mock exam. Even though I got a D in that exam and a C overall, I think that is ok. If you get an E or above in your mocks, you don't have to resit. But no, our teacher was like "I have put you down to resit." I don't mind too much as at the end of the day, I will be motivated to revise for it and that will help me anyway for the real exam. And we are going into a "work room" to do it, not the study centre. I have never been in this room before! I just don't want to resit that exam! It is the effort, especially as I got a good enough grade in my eyes.The other hour was debating about suicide. Never knew it was all so complex, we were all mind blown. Cards Against Humanity lunch. Another hour of private study last, which was actually doing English Lit. Got home and felt really ill so didn't do much in the evening.

Thursday. Just a no from me. Six period day. Spoke to Tegan, who used to go to sixth form with us, at the bus stop about life plans. Private study for two hours, spent revising for my resit. Break was actually heaven. My feet was like blocks of ice so I went to the girls toilets, took my shoes off and held my feet up to the hand dryer, which made them warm. If someone had come in at the time, they would have thought I was mad! And the muffin. The best blueberry muffin I have ever tasted! It had blueberry jam inside. Maths for two hours. There were only five of us today as Gemma wasn't there. I didn't really like what we were doing and I let our teacher know this, who just laughed. And I told all of my break stories as well. Did the work, but I missed my chats with Gemma! Had a bit of exercise stretching for the hole puncher. Lunch was mostly chats and laughs. English Lit last, 'Tis Pity performance. I have been Soranzo, Philotis, Annabella and now I have been Richardetto, the dodgy doctor. I keep getting hired and fired! The next hour was focused on coursework, where I realised how bad mine actually is. And our teacher kept quoting my phrase of "We actually now have to do the stuff." And then my conclusion is up on the board and in other words, he is telling me I have to improve it and make it relate to my essay. Finally, it was all over. But no. Consultation evening! My plan was to see the Sociology teacher first. That worked out brilliantly. English Lit was first, I was hoping that was last as he always makes me sound like an excellent student. And sure enough, as soon as my mum sat down, he was like "one of the best." It did go a bit off topic, he started going on about revolutions and stuff and that lasted for what felt like forever. Then he asked "did you get all of that?" and I was like "Errrr, kind of... It has been a long day!" Maths was free next, so we went over there and that was all ok. I'm apparently doing well and with enough revision, I could get a really good grade. My mum and I just burst out laughing at that point. No way is this going to happen. It will go downhill this year. Sociology last, which I was dreading and my mum decides to tell my teacher this. And I had predicted what he would say, so much so that he asked me if we could switch seats. That was a complicated one. The day was finally over.

Leaving this week there. It has been a long blog post for this week. Saturday took up so much room!

I have decided. Sometimes, doing a complete blog post for the whole week can be quite long and rambly and I know that no one really reads this anyway. I don't think it is a waste of time as it will be nice to look back on these long posts, but for now, I'm condensing my posts. Especially as exams are approaching and I want to focus on them. I may not write about every day of the week, I'm only going to record certain parts worth recording. And if that means only a few days or maybe the whole week, then so be it. But the posts will be condensed and the posts after this long, rambly post will definitely be shorter. Or I may put loads of condensed mini posts together and create a ramble. I'm not sure. But I will be blogging less about every single day of the week that is for sure (you can breath a sigh of relief...)

We'll just see what happens.

So yeah, it's all good...

Amy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment