Tuesday, 31 March 2015

March Recurring Themes...

Decided to make this my "thing."  This will not last, I can guarantee that. The recurring themes idea which I did for a blog post last year, listing what things I was thinking about at the time. I'm going to try and make this a regular thing, as I enjoy reading about Elli's picks. So now we have Amy's recurring themes. It is basically like a "favourites..." ish. Lets see how long this lasts for... (this will probably be the only one I do to be fair... just got the urge to blog about something!)

Film I want to see: I watched this trailer the other day about this film called Pixels, which looks interesting. Aliens decide to base their attack on the planet Earth by using characters from old computer games. And it will be released in the UK on my birthday! Here is a link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAHprLW48no

Film in general: I watched Mamma Mia! for the first time since ages ago, and it really did leave a lasting impression on me. I love the film so much, mainly because of the music.

Music: From watching Mamma Mia! I decided to download the ABBA songs on my ipod. ABBA is so upbeat, and their songs always makes me happy, so to get through the private study periods, I have started listening to ABBA more. Also, one time on the late bus, they started playing an instrumental version of Dancing Queen by mistake and it was the funniest tune I have heard.

Art and crafts: At the beginning of this month, I rediscovered a scrapbook I was in the middle of making. It reminded me how much I enjoyed doing arty things and making things look nice, neat and presentable. Ever since then, my revision has involved a lot of colourful fineliners and highlighters. I have also started drawing more cartoon pictures as it actually helps me remember things, it may look strange but I really don't care anymore!

Food: Well, I have tried the most amazing and delicious blueberry muffins this month, the best I have ever tasted. The sponge was really light and fluffy, the "melt in your mouth" type of sponge. And in the middle of the muffin was this gorgeous blueberry jam, which was so fruity and good. I'm literally in heaven thinking about it. The sweets I am loving at the moment are actually the ones that our Maths teacher brings in to nearly every maths lesson ever since my stomach rumbled. They are these watermelon sweets, which are sour and tastes slightly like cherry. At work, I'm loving our Chicago burger we are doing at the moment for the promotion. I think it is because of the sauce and cheese, which is amazing!

Customer: I have a regular customer that always comes in nearly every Saturday and gets served by me, she makes sure that she goes to me every single time, and to tell you the truth, it makes my Saturday when I see her approach front counter with her little girl. We always have a lovely chat, she is always so positive and asks how I am, and we always have a laugh together. One guy at work even mistook the woman for my nanny, we get on that well together. The last time she came in, she questioned hugging in the kitchen and I accidently threw a sachet of ketchup in the ice cream sundae, she was fine about it even though I was apologising like mad and offering to make a fresh one, but in the end we just had a laugh about it!

Book: I finally finished reading The Maze Runner this month and I must say that I thought it was a really good and exciting book. The chapters are short, which I liked as if I had five minutes free in the day, I'd get out the book and read the next chapter. I felt as though each time I read a part, I wanted to read the next part and find out what happens next. The book ends on a bit of a cliff hanger, so hopefully after my exams are over, I can buy the next one in the series and read what happens!

Quote: This was the sweetest thing... "You work so hard and wherever you go in life, you will be successful because you are such a hard worker and you'll do brilliantly. It was a pleasure to have met you"

I am having a good half term so far. I think I have finally achieved that right balance between revision, work and social time, as I'm working Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and the shifts on Tuesday and Thursday are ok as I starts and finish early. This has finally happened after almost two years! Driving is planned for after work on both Tuesdays. On one Friday, I'm off to the circus with the family. I'm doing revision/chilling on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays. The other Friday is the day I plan to finally complete my English Lit coursework, got some vague feedback!

Hope you enjoyed this short post, I have no idea when I'll be posting next to be honest. I was going to make a weekly post for half term, but then decided against it. It will be whenever I have some time or just feel like I want to blog!

So yeah, it's all good...

Amy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment