Right now, I am a sixth form student. But I know that these next 2 years will fly by.. So what next?
I don't know about university. It sounds good, but then when I think about fees and stuff like that, it doesn't sound too great. Also, the pressure to get really good grades in your A levels is immense. I know people who have gone to university and said its great, my aunt did a degree in buisness, my uncle did a degree in nutrition, my cousin is doing a degree in art and my work friend has just completed a degree in biomedical sciences and is planning to go back to complete another degree!
I think that I'll probably try and gain an apprenticeship after sixth form. Unless I get amazing results at my AS levels (Not gonna happen, but I can dream) that is what I'm most likely going to do.. Can you go to college after sixth form? I might just ask for more hours at work, then go to college... I'm very undecided about life after sixth form!
I would love to travel for a bit, just for a month or 2 months after sixth form. The reason why I say a month or 2 is because I'll probably only be able to afford going away for a month or 2 at the most and I really hate not working. I have to be busy doing something. Not all the time, just some of the time. That would be amazing, just to go anywhere you want to go. I really would love to go to Japan or Morocco. Maybe India and Australia too. Or explore other areas of the UK, buy a camper van and travel around the UK. That would be so cool.. I'm lost in a daydream right now!
I know that once I leave sixth form, I'm going to miss all of my friends immensely. Thats one of the reasons why I'm happy I have a job, I do feel more independent. At school, I don't feel as independent as everyone is always there, I've known my friends for years and you are sort of stuck in the same routine when at school and it gets kinda predictable after a time. I'm not saying this as a nad thing, I do like having a bit of a routine in my life, however I also do like have that unpredictability of never knowing whats going to happen next in my life... Does that even make sense?
Probably not. Today in English, we were examining a piece from Frankenstein. My friends were making copious, detailed amounts of notes in their books. Me? I put stuff like "Torn = bad word, upsets reader" Also my analysis descriptions always, ALWAYS goes wrong. Its the way I say them, they never make sense... I laughed so much today, I nearly started crying... that has happened to me in GCSE English before!
I'm not taking my A Levels as seriously as my GCSE's, at the moment anyway! I'd much rather remember my time at sixth form as funny and enjoyable, instead of looking back and feeling miserable. I mean, I do the work, and revise whenever I can but I do want to try and achieve the right balance between sixth form work, work and free time. I can never work before going to bed, I always have to watch at least an hour of TV.
Just to finish off this incredibly long blog post (for me it is anyway) I have the feeling I'm getting a cold.. Which isn't good at all! I'm now going to curl up in my zebra onesie and watch a bit of Waterloo Road...
So its all good...
A :)
No comments:
Post a Comment