As people can probably tell from the blog title, my Monday was actually ok for once. If I think back to this time two weeks ago, it was the start of my really dreadful week by going to the dentist. I'm much more happier now though, than I was then anyway.
It's really hard to adjust back to sixth form life after a weekend at work as they are both so different. Sixth form, you just go to lessons because you just have to. You have to remember and understand a whole load of stuff. Sixth form is more stressful than work as everyone is working really hard to get the best grades possible, whereas at work its more chilled and relaxed. Also, I just take people's orders at work and you are chatting to a whole load of people of different ages and backgrounds, whereas at sixth form you just really chat to your friends. Also, I stand up virtually all day at work, at sixth form, we virtually sit down all day, only moving when it's necessary to move lessons.
Thats probably why I'm always quite tired on a Monday. Because it is hard to adjust. At work, I stand up, take orders, get given money and assemble the order. Sixth form... I sit there.... and get given a lot of information by teachers to try and digest in the space of an hour.
Bit off-topic there. Back to my actually ok Monday. I didn't get much of a lie-in as my Mum collected over 1000 copies of The Yellow Pages to deliver this week. I helped transfer these from the car to the living room via the front window. There was so many! Then, we started delivering a few, in the rain and one of the rules is that you mustn't get them wet. So that was good.
Once I got to sixth form, I found Siobhan, then other people started arriving. We then went to Private Study, where I started revising Psychology for around 40 minutes. I wrote a page in that time! (Well, typed!) Also, there was a minor disaster as I thought I had broken the computer screen just to show Elli I was doing work. I turned it back around and it was blank! So that took a good 5 minutes to sort out (How come I nearly always break everything?) but luckily one of the wires had just become slightly unplugged. For the last 20 minutes-ish I borrowed Lish's copy of The Fault In Our Stars by John Green and started reading that for a bit! I think it's going to be emotional, judging by the first chapter I have read so far. I just loved how Lish and Claire were staring at me when I was trying to read it.
Then we had Maths. Maths is just.... Maths. How else can I describe it? Also, we got given this sheet of questions that have to be in by Wednesday. Friday at the latest. I'm dropping it after the mocks though, so its all good and I don't have to stress about it too much. Lunch was entertaining. Just a usual lunch really, telling Connor how Mankini Man said how we should go and make love and have 5 kids, as Connor just looks so horrified by this. I had Psychology last, however I really felt a bit tired that lesson so I didn't do much work. We were mostly arguing whether or not Emma should give me a lift home or not. It was a 3 against 1 argument so I didn't really stand much of a chance. Even though the bus was right outside sixth form. So I phoned my Mum and said how I was going to get a lift as Emma really was insisting I should get a lift home with her. So I abandoned my little brother on the bus (such a lovely, kind, sweet, caring sister, I know) and got a lift with Emma. However, we really didn't think this through. My Mum picked my brother up from the bus stop. We missed the turning yet again leading to my house. And whats worse is that I had no door key, as it was in my work bag due to stupid events involving my Dad when I was trying to get to work. (Literally, every Sataurday. Its a long, boring story that I'm not going into) So I was at my house, yet I couldn't get in. I think my Mum wanted to deliver a few more Yellow Pages as well, so around 15-20 minutes later, my mum decided to come back home. That was..... fun.
That was my day. It was actually ok.
I'm a poet and I didn't know it!
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'm seeing John Newman live with Siobhan, Alicia and Emma. I can't wait! I will be very distracted from sixth form tomorrow (Apologizing in advance...) due to this reason. I know most of his songs now, so I'm really looking forward to it! I'm hoping to buy some merchandise too, as I love a bit of merchandise!
So yeah, its all good...
A :)
No comments:
Post a Comment