So this week, I (like most people at sixth form) have endured the daunting challenge of getting through mock week. And I failed them all. I know I have. Many of my friends have told me "you haven't failed them!" And "I bet you did really well!". But I really do know I have. Due to all the crazy things I put in them. And it was partly my fault for not revising as much as I should have, putting it off, saying "I'll do some later.." and never actually getting round to it.
Tuesday, I had 2 exams. I had sociology in the morning... which was rather scary as we had to complete two 24 mark questions in an hour. I can remember chatting about Benidorm in one of them... no idea how it got onto that! Then we had another paper for the other hour... and the 20 mark question was about advantages for unstructured interviews. I knew loads of disadvantages. But advantages.... meh. I messed that up. Also, my writing style became how I speak, and I specifically remember writing "and stuff" in the middle of my essay. It didn't go well.
I went home and started revising English for the exam in the afternoon. However, I wasn't that focussed on actual revision. I started eating lots of lettuce for some unknown reason. I don't even like lettuce. Then I tried to learn a few quotes, but they just weren't going in my head.
I also went round Lish's and met Mish! That was good! Then we walked and met some peeps in the common room. Siobhan was predicting the questions that would come up! I was like "this poem won't come up..." and guess what the poetry exam was about? That poem I said that wouldn't come up! The frankenstein question was about suffering.... yet I really didn't know what to put for that, and I started babbling about women suffering the most.... then I changed my mind and just started waffling about death and how its good to die..... I must have sounded quite suicidal.... so now my English teacher will probably mark it and think I'm in such a dark place right now. Especially as I kept relating the poem to death as well.
I didn't get home until 5. It was my brothers birthday as well, so I didn't get much revision for maths done at all. I really think I should have spent more time revising for maths in half term. But I didn't, it was kind of like "meh.... I can't do this" I was so busy at work, revising for my other 3 subjects and trying to get a bit of relaxation time as well, Maths just took a back seat.
So, the maths exam was in the morning. I didn't feel too brilliant either, which made it worse. I failed it so badly. I couldn't remember any of it. The questions I did, were wrong (checked the mark scheme) I put a note at the end saying "sorry I wrote in pencil. I failed this so badly" with a sad face. It was my fault anyway. I'm dropping it once the results are back.
Then I went to the city. Really didn't want to go as I felt really ill but I needed some more shoes for work as my shoes for work are literally destroyed.
I went home after that and literally just slept. Watched a bit of tv. Slept a bit more. I was just so exhausted and drained.
Thursday was ok. Day off, thank goodness! I woke up at around 8ish and didn't get out of bed until 10ish. My mum said "stay in bed for a couple more hours!" at 9ish, but I refused. Mums do not know best, in this case my mum didn't anyway. Had a lovely chat with this guy called Drew on the phone. Had a salad for lunch from McDonalds. Got a bit of maths revision done, eventually! My mum does nothing to make me revise, in fact she is the one who distracts me from it.
I really, really didn't want to go in today. Did not see the point. I understand for the maths exam, but not for double private study and English. Had the maths exam first, again that did not go well. I think it went better than the other one. But not much better. I started doing question 4 when our teacher said "don't do question 4". I messed it up anyway. All of it. I calculated my marks using the mark scheme afterwards in private study, and apparently I got 11/45. So I have no idea what I got in the other one! I think the highlight was watching Rizzle Kicks after the exam. And my deduction that A level Maths is exactly like the X factor.
Break was all about the cake. Private study was good because all I did was complete quizzes with Siobhan and Claire. No one even noticed we weren't doing work! Siobhan was a bit. I'd given up after finding out my mock score. It was 10, but went up to 11 after I found out from Maddy "the fridge door was open" would have got me a mark. And I got the most sweetest note on a revision card from Connor, telling me not to stress about maths!
Then it was lunch which was kinda boring, then a pointless hour of English. Honestly, it was actually pointless. Why were we learning about poems not on the set list for the exam??
Good things this week include friendly bus drivers who let me on for free. Three times this has happened this week! And the fact I've started eating healthier too, having salads and smoothies a lot more recently. Apart from at sixth form where I indulge in sausage rolls.
We get the results back sometime in March. Teachers think the 19th of March is too long to wait for results, and I agree to be honest. I heard a rumour it changed to the 17th... not sure if that's true though. I think we should get them back next week, if not the week after as some people may want to drop subjects like me. Or they can see where they went wrong and have more time to improve and revise it before the actual exam.
I'm going to just blog about my days and not give advice. As I didn't get quite so many page views for revision tips as I did for half term and hurtful people. I think people prefer reading about my boringish days, and I prefer writing about them.
So the essence of this post is that I failed my mocks. I know people will read this and be like "you did fine" but I know I really didn't.
So yeah, its all good...
A :)
No comments:
Post a Comment