Monday, 10 March 2014

The dramatic day at work...

Lets just say that this saturday wasn't like the usual saturdays I normally have at work. The worse thing about today was that I kept making mistakes. And quite a few of them. But I think a part of it was due to customers.. for example I had this guy who wanted 2 sweet chilli chicken wraps. So I put them through and said "2 sweet chilli chicken wraps yeah?" He said "yes." After they were made and we gave them to him he said "I didn't ask for these. I wanted chilli chicken royales" arggghhhh the frustration of having similar burger names! Then he started getting in a bit of a huff, saying stuff like "well she put it through. I don't want these" and I was standing there like asdfghjkl! You asked for the wraps! Not the royales! I also had this other guy who was explaining what he wanted in a really weird way... luckily the girl beside me sorted it out. I was like "I'm sorry" and she was like "Its not your fault, its his" His face after she said that! I actually love her, if a customer is being rude, she'll let them know! And then they become more ruder back!

Luckily I did have a nice old lady. She was a bit deaf though and kept saying "I can't hear you dear" So I was literally shouting "what drinks would you like with that?" Then she called over this other old woman called Barbara, who I think was a bit deaf as well and she was like "tea!" And the other woman was like "tea!" So I put through 2 teas... turns out one wanted coffee. Oh dear! But apparently, I was "a very nice young lady." I just laughed at that! Oh and I genuinely got scared of a customer. He was a hobo... and he got right in my face, and said "Listen carefully and listen good. I want 2, only 2 cheeseburgers. You got that? Just 2 cheeseburgers. Nothing else. With some tomato ketchup and mayonnaise sachets, in a bag to take away." I put the bag on the counter on my side and he immediately grabbed it, went right up to my face again and said "where is my burgers?" So I was like "they will just be a minute for you!" After that, I just waited by the chute. I wasn't going back to my till with him still there! I told "manager guy" about this and he imediately went up to my face and said "can I have 2 cheeseburgers please?" with a really gruff voice which just made me laugh! Oh and I said "awwww!" to this girl and her boyfriend and she insisted on paying for a 99p coke with a £10 note!

So yeah, that was the most memorable customers of the day. But the reason why it wasn't like many other saturdays is because of all the events that happened. One of the full time guys announced he was leaving in 2 weeks time. Which is sad times as he calls me "The John Newman Legend." One of the guys had got another tatoo the day before, so he was showing that off, even though it was really sore. The police got called in twice. I can't mention what happened due to confidentiality...

 There was also some funny times too. There was so many of us in and it was dead for the last hour. The guy whos brother was arrested kept telling me that they would "all fall apart on a saturday if I weren't there. You're the rock that keeps everyone together." Manager guy has a new nickname for me.... "Snugglepuffs". Two of the managers told me to go and watch family guy, so I will do that for them next week! And this other guy got really confused by the oreo biscuits.

The good thing was that I went home half an hour early due to quietness. So that was good! Although I have to be in at 9 next week for a meeting. 9-6! Its going to be a long day...

So yeah, its all good...

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment