I've realised I'm not updating as often as I used to. Which is probably good news to whoever is reading this... but right now, I think my blog deserves an updated blog post on my life.
Things are stressful. I hate the stress and stuff. I don't like A levels. I've pretty much decided I'm getting a normal job after sixth form. I feel like dropping out every day I'm in sixth form. It doesn't make me very happy. The only thing that really keeps me going through sixth form is work, which gives me a boost on Saturdays. This boost may or may not last for the entire week of sixth form. Honestly, if I didn't have a job, I think I would be so depressed with the way in which my life is going.
Anyway, moving on. Time to talk about my day, then consultation evening as that was... eventful. So my day today... well I woke up a little bit later as usual which was good. Definitely prefer week 2 to week 1. I went in to sixth form. Double English working on coursework. Amazon got blocked. I asked our teacher whether we could include magazines in our bibliography and he was like "which magazine? Chat? Take a break?" And I was saying "No this one called Time!" And apparently that is a "well respected magazine" which is good as I never knew there was a magazine called Time until today! I changed most of my web links into books in the bibliography as you have to use mostly books, but I used mostly weblinks, then tried to convert the information on weblinks into books. Which is actually rather fun (I know, it doesn't sound much fun) especially if you stumble upon random websites.. and its the most fun you can have in English. And I got told to "stop smiling" and that I'd regret making an appointment with my other teacher!
Lunch was funny. No one knew where I went to middle school after I confessed I accidently.. and that is accidently stole a couple of rubbers from the school shop, which I honestly didn't mean to do. I really don't think anyone really knows me that well. None of my friends have actually ever been inside my house. No one knew which middle school I went to. And I think if I asked people what is my favourite band.... they wouldn't know. I suppose if people have one best friend they would know almost everything about them. I consider myself not having a best friend anymore, so I don't think anyone really knows loads about me. But oh well.
Sociology was..... just sociology. Writing. Cutting. All that shiz.
Then it was consultation evening. I stayed in the study centre until 5.15. I was with Kez and Emma, but they left as their evenings started before mine. Then my mum called me and said how she was outside so I went to meet her. We then went in and got the inevitable "Parent/carer of..." sticker and a questionnaire which we didn't fill in. As soon as we went in, we saw my English teacher. My mum was like "well lets get this evening over and done with" so we went over.... and again, the events really started from there. My mum got involved with a tangle of chairs. I sat down and my mum was trying to grab another chair from this tangle of chairs, spending at least 30 seconds trying to grab a chair with my english teacher standing up waiting to shake my mums hand! Eventually she managed to get a chair. When all the hand shaking, laughing about the chair situation had stopped, our teacher asked my mum "so is there any questions or queries you have regarding Amy's English coursework?" And she replied "Well, its all beyond me. I don't understand it!" Which made me laugh, because at least she is being truthful! Then was sociology, which started out weirdly. I was like "oh my best friend is free, lets go over" so we went over and he was like "whoops sorry didn't see you waiting there. Miles away. I was imagining I was on a beach" and my mum said "yeah, much better than talking to me!' We just spoke about how I'm getting on and my stick people. He's expecting more stick people, stick cats and stick dogs! I think sociology was definitely the most funniest. And we spoke about my job as well. Which helped as many teachers assume I just do A levels. So that was good. We just had a funny general chat. Definitely the best parents evening appointment.
Then came the worse. Maths. But even then it weren't too bad. I swear I just have a laugh with all the teachers we saw. My mum found out about frustration thursdays, due to my teacher hinting about it and looking at my mum, then me. That was definitely the longest one! She started saying how I started out really well, achieving high marks and grades, but now it isn't going too great. She said to stick at it. Then I said "can I drop this now?" And she said "I'm going to go, sit in the corner and talk to the curtain." She also said that she really didn't want me to drop it and that it was too late to. So she kinda tricked me into staying in maths, which she kinda admitted! Then I saw Siobhan and started smiling and waving to her, but my psychology teacher thought I was waving to her! So we went to have the psychology talk, which involved discussion about revision days in half term. They don't have a date for the psychology revision day. And I need to know it by tomorrow. She was like "you need to know it by tomorrow?" And I was like "yes, I do as I need to let work know what days I can work over half term" So I have to find her tomorrow and she will tell me that!
Then we went. Well.... ish. We bumped into Ellen and her parents. Which was awkward. Really awkward. I haven't seen them since the end of summer. Then I had another maths appointment which was again about me dropping maths, and yet again getting told "no you can't", which then went onto the discussion of A2s, to which my face apparently looked like I had swallowed 5 wasps. Then sports suddenly entered the conversation and I was just thinking "oh dear... what is going on right now?" I love how both my maths teachers talked about me, before parents evening which makes me slightly scared and that they knew the grades of my other mock exams: "ABC right?"
4/5 teachers mentioned confidence issues with me. Literally, they all said the exact same about it. My mum was trying to make me have some faith... but no...
After that we got chips and my mum is now trying to support me more within all this. She said "I'd be really proud of you if you got all U's in your AS levels." I know this support will not always continue as my mum gives my brother more attention than me, but its nice to know she doesn't have high expectations of me.
I'm very tired, so I'm going to watch a bit of TV, then sleep. Can't think anymore about all of this...
So its all good...
A :)
No comments:
Post a Comment