Sunday, 10 August 2014

You Are Not Alone...

I really do believe in that, especially now! Do people get the Dr Who reference by the title? Yana! I really did like the episodes featuring the master. Anyway, off topic. These past couple of days, I have been at work. But the amount of people I have seen that I know when at work has been.... a bit crazy! And it has reminded me about the fact that I'm not alone, and I know more people than I realise... as I found out these past couple of days! Today was also pretty memorable as I sat in the drivers seat and drove a car for the very first time... and I didn't crash, but I did stall a couple of times. But back to the point.

Both days (Friday and Saturday) were 8 hour shifts. Which I don't mind too much. It was a good couple of days. I was on till for both days. On Friday, I was surrounded by all the guys on front counter. All the other girls were in kitchen! So that was fun. A lot of them were like "how was your holiday?" and I was like "It was good thanks, although I missed being here for some weird reason?!" I had the longest shift out of everyone on Friday. There was a bit of drama in the time I worked. This woman was slumped against the table and we all thought she had collapsed, which turned into a bit of a panic. Turns out she has Narcolepsy. And a little boy got left in the lift. How can a parent leave their own child in a lift? This boy was in a pram as well! Luckily, his mum came back for him. My friends came in, which was really good and nice to see them again! This included Elli, Giancarlo, Connor, Emma, Jordan, Maddy, Tom... I think that was everyone? So sorry if I have forgotten anyone! And then this girl who used to attend the same high school as me came in, she moved away to another one, but we used to be quite close in year 7. She has had a scoliosis operation and also has a baby boy. So we chatted for a few minutes about that and how we were and stuff. Anyway, I finished 20 minutes early which was good, and it really was! Because as I was exiting the mall, I bumped into my friend Lola, who I haven't seen for over a year, last time was February 2013. It took us two takes to actually recognise one another!  It was really good, because she still hasn't changed from when we were really close friends! We had a quick chat, but she had to go as she had to catch a bus!

Saturday was good. I saw "England" (a guy who I used to go to high school with) before I went in. I had some really nice customers in the morning and me and my work friend had a good laugh with a few of them, especially as this guy I didn't even know was like "chill out Amy!" Anyway, it seemed like another day on till where no one I knew was going to come in. I was wrong about that. A girl who used to work with us came in and I always used to call her surreal! So that was good! And the unexpected happened when I was serving a customer, I suddenly hear somone shout "Amy!"I immediately assumed it was one of the managers or somone in kitchen, although it didn't sound like it came from that direction. So I looked out into the restaurant area and who do I see jumping up and down? Only my old mentor partner who I haven't seen in over a year and my bus stop friend! That was such a nice surprise and they ordered some food. We chatted a bit and I informed her I took Maths at A Level, which made her laugh so much as I used to argue about Maths with my mentor! We starting reminiscing about our old mentor meetings... and we both ended up in peals of laughter! I'll have to make a blog post about our mentor meetings as they included a lot of funny stories between us which must be recorded! I served them their food and included an extra portion of chips for free which she was fascinated about!

So yes. The point of this blog post is to get across the point. You are not alone. You are never alone. However alone and lost you may feel on the inside, there are people in this world who care about you and support you. It may not feel like it sometimes. You just have to put yourself out in the world to make you truly aware that there are nice people who do care about what happens to you. Everyone deserves to feel that they aren't alone in this world. We are all humans and we can all get through this brilliant, yet terrifying thing which I call Life.

So yeah, it's all good...

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment