Thursday, 28 August 2014

Working Full-Time...

Tuesday: No makeup, got my pillow, just got home and very tired!
Think I'll have an early night!
Hello, I thought I should maybe post. As I haven't posted in a while and thought I should give you an update into what is happening in my life... And a selfie of my full time working self.

I have literally gone full-time at work now. Despite requesting that I could work around 4 days a week, the week before I return to sixth form for enrolment, I have been put down to work 6 days, with a day off on Thursday and the next week, I'm working Monday to Wednesday, day off Thursday, sixth form Friday and working both Saturday and Sunday. I'm back on both days at the weekend! Just for the time being though, I will probably switch back to just working Saturdays when the Christmas rush is over!

But I don't want to write a full blog post about what I did each day at work. As that would be repetitive and boring. So I'll just mention some things that are worth mentioning.. And of course, include some memorable customers!

Monday

I had a short shift. It is always the same times on Mondays, 10-4. The same times as my full time friend! We always go in together and out together as we have our Monday afternoon meetups, where we just sit and talk about how life is going. I had a very memorable customer today. Probably one that most staff will remember for years to come. I can remember it so clearly, this woman came up with a little girl, baby and pushchair, and ordered a kid meal, with a frappe and 12 onion rings. So I get it all together, the meal, I made the frappe successfully as well and was just waiting for the onion rings. Finally, they arrived and were quite hot as they were cooked fresh. I put them on the tray with the food and was just about to offer to go round and help her with the food... when she grabbed the tray. Big mistake. These freshly cooked and rather burning hot onion rings, falls off the tray and goes over the woman and her baby. At this point, everything just came crashing down. It could have been really serious as the baby was crying. I'm not 100% sure whether they did touch the baby as I didn't see them go on the baby. To be fair, the woman was more cross about the grease going on her shirt than her actual baby! But it was sorted, onion rings replaced and a full refund. I did feel guilty. Of course I did. But it wasn't as serious as it could have been so I'm happy about that.

Thursday

I worked Thursday as my work friend asked me to switch shifts. I didn't mind as they were similar hours. When I got there at 11.30am, we were already busy! And our whole operation system kept crashing, so I couldn't actually clock in to get paid straight away and this also meant tills kept freezing throughout the day. My favourite customer of the day was 27 burgers man. He came and ordered a meal, and somehow we managed to get onto the topic of him eating 27 burgers as a challenge he did for work once! I can't really remember much else about today... I stayed until 7pm and we were pretty quiet for the last 2 hours.


Saturday

Saturday was a busy day! So I woke up reasonably early as I had to be in by 8.15am for the staff meeting. We went through training and new products. Everyone questioned the shirt I was wearing. But no, went smoothly. Apart from when my manager brought up the onion rings catastrophe on Monday, mentioning a "staff member, naming no names"... with everyone looking at me! It finished at around 9.30am. I wasn't due to start until 10am. So I go into work to actually help myself to another fizzy drink (My speciality is a Santa) while I wait and clock out. Then I literally bump into my managers talking about me! Which was kinda awkward but they were actually discussing whether or not they did ask me to start as soon as the staff meeting was over. So I was like "No, you didn't ask me to start as soon as the staff meeting was over, but I can start now if you want me to!" After that, I started my shift! I didn't mind as we were really quiet to begin with and all I really did was talk to my friend about blueberry and chocolate muffins, but got busier as the day went on. A lot busier! There was this really big French group which came in and decided to queue by my till and my till only, even though there were other tills available. Lets just say I took a lot of orders in such a small space of time! I had a really funny man who kept saying "No mayonnaise!" for each burger he ordered, even with the cokes, he wanted "no mayonnaise!" Main manager was just laughing behind me. We had a good chat though. He is about to start work at a five star hotel in London. And I told him about my Santa... and his exact words were "You need therapy!" But no, it was funny and that definitely made my day!
My lunch most days!
Sunday

So quiet. Not much to report. Oh, a customer said I was a very nice girl, but looked terrified when she complained. Kitchen was slow! Moving on...

Monday

Can't really remember much about today. Except that I got asked to stay until 5 and that is was really busy as it was raining and a bank holiday as well. So when it got to 5, some of my work friends were thinking about going to the pub and invited me. But my mum was already outside, ready to pick me up. So I explained the situation and she was like "Ok, you can go. Don't drink!" I waited in the staff room with another one of my work friends for around an hour when the clean was going on. Then we all set off to the pub (There were 5 of us) and we all got a drink at the bar (I had a J2O) and found a seat. We talked about a lot of stuff, I can't really remember all of it! Then one of them was like "Amy! Try a bit of my drink!" It was called Desperado and it was a mix of beer and tequila which was actually quite nice (at first, until I started feeling a bit sick afterwards). So I had a bit, then I gave her some money to go and get me a bottle at the bar and promised her that if I didn't finish it, she could have the rest of it! I had around half of it, then I gave in. I felt kinda tipsy after that and was laughing a lot louder than I normally do. I was in control of myself though, don't worry! At around 8.30pm... or maybe 9, we decided to head over to McDonalds and my friend had some vouchers so we all got a voucher and I got a Big Mac, fries and an extra cheeseburger. Technically I had two Big Macs that day. I feel so unhealthy! It was a nice evening and after eating, we all parted our separate ways.

Tuesday

The day after! I was in at 8am today, and was nearly late. Too early! I did some cleaning and I also helped the delivery man actually get into the kitchens! I thought it would be quiet. How wrong I was. We were a bit understaffed today. So today was a bit manic. Apparently, according to one of my customers, it was busy in all parts of the city. I made the wrong smoothie for a customer. Luckily, she was laughing about it and I had that smoothie on my break! This customer grabbed me by the hand. That was scary. Mostly serving. Saw Elli and Jordan walk past. More serving. Nearly broke the card machine again as a coke spilled on it! Oh, and it was pay day!

Wednesday

Not a great start to the day. Last night, I felt like I had twisted my right arm and toe really badly and I have no idea how I did it. And my arm now feels like it is bruised badly and my toe is throbbing. So I go in and I'm immediately asked if I would like a break. So I have some food and then I had another normal day at work really. Apart from this guy who seemed a bit drunk, asking the hours that I work and what time I actually finished today... scary times. Oh and lots of people came up at the same time and just ordered a single cheeseburger, at this point I couldn't stop laughing! I felt like I injured myself a lot today. My first order was a coffee. I spilt some of this hot coffee all over my hand. I burnt my hand on chips. I kept bumping my elbow on the ice well. But yeah. Just another normal day.

And I blog today as it is my day off. Then I'm working six days in a row. So I'll probably blog about them too. I am very tired after these past five days at work. So I'm kinda glad for this day off! I feel like it is well deserved. This is one of the last days off I will have before I return back to sixth form and working both days at the weekend. My last day off is next Thursday. I can go back to working just Saturdays whenever. I feel like this next year at sixth form will be a tad more chilled than last year, as I'm doing less subjects, therefore more private studies to catch up on missing work. I look back to last year and I really have no idea how I coped with working both days and keeping up with sixth form work, especially as I had hardly any free time to do any work! So today, I have organised all my AS level work that has been cluttering up my desk and just relaxed. And I finished my A3 posters as well. I don't really want to go back as I have had such a nice summer! I feel it has gone too quick.

So yeah, it's all good...

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment