Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Working Full-Time, Part 2...

As I enjoyed making my previous post so much, I thought why not make it again? Except with different days, different customers and different happenings! In this next week, I'm working six days in a row, Friday to Wednesday and I will add a bit of ramblings for each day. Thursday is my last day off and Friday is sixth form enrolment. Then a weekend at work, and then back to sixth form full time. I'm not looking forward to going back. But the blogging will continue, even when I'm back at sixth form!

Friday

I nearly always work the same long shift on Friday, 9.30am-6pm. I don't mind though, although at the end of the day, I'm knackered! Today was such a good day. The morning and night before wasn't so good though. Basically, the night before, I just broke drown as I just felt like a useless screw-up who never does anything right so I didn't get much sleep. And this morning, I kept coughing and spluttering and my nose kept running and I just felt mleh. But I went in, and I'm glad I did! Main manager was there and he asked "Is your mum stalking me? I saw her at the hairdressers yesterday!" And I was like "Yep, she is stalking you! Or it could have been the other way round, you could have been stalking her!" I served a few people in the morning and when I looked in the kitchens, I saw this sheet of paper on the wall, a typed email with a handwritten: "Well Done Amy" So once I was on my break, I looked at this email. And I couldn't believe what I read. A customer had wrote an email, who I served on Wednesday, saying that it was a pleasure being served by me, despite it being 2pm and after the mad lunchtime rush, I was still enthusiastic, helpful and friendly and that she complimented me on it and I said "I'm always like this!" and that was a good attitude to have. And that I should be recognised as a good employee! I was so touched when I read that as not many people get customers write in about their service, and if they did, it wouldn't be a paragraph like how mine was! It really did honestly make me day, to think that a customer would keep the receipt and give feedback on me! I do remember that customer. It was a woman, and she asked whether I was always this bubbly, and I was like "yes, I think so!"

 I had a chicken wrap for lunch and overall, it was a really good day. It was so funny as my mum and brother came in. When I went to collect the fries, I said to main manager "Look, your stalker is here!" gesturing over to my mum! He was like "Hello again!" and everyone just turned around and stared at my mum! I had a few nice customers today, including large hamburger meal regular, the plain burger regular and the woman who I served on Tuesday came in again and was like "Hiya! How are you?", and I know her meal from the last time I served her as I told her I made it a bit cheaper for her! A girl who lives close by came in, and Claire's sister also came in. A past employee came in who worked for us around a year ago came in, he left unexpectantly so I was like "Hiya! Long time no see!" Oh and my managers friend, who gets the food cheap as he works nearby. It was funny as I didn't recognise him as he was wearing different clothes. So he says real loud "You just don't recognise me as I'm wearing clothes!" It was absolutely hilarious, I burst out laughing as some customers looked at us really strangely! Oh and I had a ditzy moment with cheesey bites at the end of the day as I thought someone else had a big cheesey bites order. Turns out we didn't and no one needed them, so literally everyone in kitchen bursts out laughing as I didn't take them. My manager was like "Oh Amy, this is why I love you!" I really didn't feel like I was actually working today, just socialising with a lot of people I know, with good times!

Saturday

Similar to yesterday, it was good, but not as good! I got a printout of the feedback, which always puts me in a good mood whenever I read it! I was on till and served 110 people. In the morning, I offered to carry the tray for some customers as this woman had a pram. However, one of the cokes fell off the tray and spilt all over the floor! So I had to call over one of the cleaners to clean it up. The food still managed to get to them though! We weren't that busy, for a Saturday. My nanny and granddad came in and had a wrap and some ice cream. I convinced a family to buy 20 cheesey bites. Took a few selfies with people I work with on my managers Iphone. Did a bit of cleaning. Swept some rubbish. There was around 15 cheesey bites left at the end of the day. My manager gave them to me, for my positive feedback!

Sunday

Quite busy in the morning, and I was the only tiller until 11, so I was constantly taking orders and people were getting them for me! I did see Claire before I went in, which was really good as I haven't seen her in so long! We had a bit of reorganisation on front counter, things got fixed and reorganised. I had my break outside, with a couple of my work friends and it was nice as the sun was shining. I made a tower of kids bags throughout the day and I also had a customer who tried to steal the kids toys as well!

Monday

Busy. One word for it! It was quiet at the beginning and my friend was like "I think it is going to be quiet today!" I was on the managers till and my manager ran for me. Main manager is looking forward to seeing my ice bucket challenge. I told him it would be on Facebook on Friday! Our card machines decided to stop processing peoples orders right near the beginning of the day, only processing the odd few, which made serving difficult at times. Our tills also decided to freeze in the middle of it all! Constantly taking orders. Was £40 down in the till, which is scary times. But I'm glad I'm home now!

Tuesday

Another busy day. I went in, and the inspector was there which was scary. So I just counted my till and did a few odd jobs, trying to keep out of her way. Although she came to watch me rinse my smoothie blenders! I served quite a few more people today. I think I serve an average of around 100 people a day, so the amount of people I have talked to these past 2 weeks has been insane! We introduced a new menu today, so many people wanted to try that and I had no idea where the buttons were on the till! Very short shift today, 11-4pm, I was covering someone else, I think, although I was allowed to go home at 3pm. And the £40 down was a mistake, they forgot to delete an order amounting to £15, void off a taxi order which was around £15 as well, and someone else's till was up by around £10, so it was all good in the end. I did offer to pay it back though if it wasn't sorted and my manager was like "It was my till! I'd have to pay it back!" and I was like "No, I would as I was using it all day!" This other guy who I work with finished at 3pm as well. And we had heard rumours about us getting discount cards to use, so we decided to check it out! So I helped myself to a large Santa before I left and waited for his till to be cashed up in the staff room. I drank all of my drink while I was waiting! So off we went, on a work outing!

The result of our work outing, a discount card!
It was fun, we went to front counter first and he got a large coke, and a girl made me my drink, even though I had just had one! So we went to the information desk and he asked a load of stupid questions to the girl at the desk, which made me laugh! But eventually, we got our cards and went back to work to show our work friends! I'm pretty pleased with my discount card though as I can get 25% off muffins! My mum also found my timetable online for next year, I'm gutted I don't have a day off! I have wrote out two possible timetables as I'm still unsure which subject I'm dropping. If I dropped Sociology, I would have a day off Week 2, Monday. I am happy with it, I suppose, and that is all that matters!

Wednesday

Today was tiring. I have a really bad sore throat, and I think it is because I have talked so much this past week! The amount of times I had to help customers carry there food over was insane. We were quite quiet today. The ones I remember included the mother with two children, the woman on crutches, the woman who sat down and just stared at me, even when I was calling so I thought she wanted me to deliver it to her. And the woman on a zimmer frame thing. I had a nice conversation with my manager and this guy who I work with on my break, it started about pizzas and what pizzas we liked, moving onto apples, then salads. It was mostly spent laughing! I got invited to go to the pub on Saturday to do jelly shots. I said I'd think about it!

I actually feel quite upset as my full-timeness (don't care if it isn't a word. So should be) at work has come to an end. I'm only on weekends now. It has been tiring, but fun and I have really enjoyed it. But the time has come to return to the dreaded place of sixth form. I have found my timetable online, as I have mentioned. I have decided I'm going to continue with 4 subjects for the first official week of A2, so then I can see both subjects in action for next year and see what the teachers are like, particularly for Psychology, and drop either Psychology or Maths in the second week.

So yeah, it's all good...

A :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment