Life is busy. I knew it would get busy again.
I'm not entirely sure what the point of this post is. Maybe just an update into how my life has been this past week... This is just an unorganised post of my week. So if you want structure and organisation... This is the wrong post of mine to read!
This week hasn't been too bad. In fact, it has gone rather quick. I think I prefer Week 2 compared to Week 1. Simply because I have fewer lessons! I have three days where I only have to come in for 2 hours each day. I'm actually behind on all of my sixth form work already. Teachers expect us not to have a social life! I swear there is that one teacher for every subject I do who just gives us loads of homework. For English Literature, we have a "test question" about Antony and Cleopatra. I don't even know that much about it, let alone answer a question about it! English also included funny times with stickers on folders. On Wednesday, I had Maths and we were looking at a piece of homework due in on Friday, looking at people's problems with it. Gemma and I had a hilarious high-five when we realised we did the same thing for one of the questions, which startled everyone so much! But I have had to do a couple of questions as our teacher forgot to put labels on the diagrams. For Friday. Then we got given a sheet to complete, with questions from the book. For Friday. Then as we were packing away, we got asked if we could finish the question with a lot of parts to it. For Friday. Don't even get me started on Sociology, we got given an essay question where we have to write two sides of A4 last week. We get given another one on Thursday! Then we got asked to research some more about a theory. That is all the homework I get from just one teacher from each subject. Maybe I should be doing some of that now and not blogging...
Although I do have a nice word to say about my English teacher. As I gave him a hand-written analysis on one of the last days of term. (where I had to watch him eat a yogurt... see July 2014 post for more details...) And he has lost it. I am a bit gutted he has lost it as I hand wrote that analysis, plus I had to endure a couple of minutes watching him eat a yogurt while I was waiting to hand it in. So I told him that it was handwritten and I handed it to him, and I think he believed me. He could have told me to re-write it, as that is the kind of teacher he is, but he didn't. He said he'd try and find it and that I didn't have to re-write it as that task was only set to see if people could cope with A2, and he thinks I can. Then, to try and jog his memory, I said "I handed it to you on one of the last days of term, but I had to watch you finish eating your yogurt for a couple of minutes before I could hand it in!" He simply said in response "Oh, how unprofessional I am. Please accept my apologies!"
It has also been a momentous week for me. For people who don't know... I have started having driving lessons! Which I have wanted to have ever since "Doomsday" was over! It all started on Friday... I have had two lessons so far, and it has been amazing! My instructor is really nice, though a bit mad as well. I have a lesson once a week, straight after sixth form. So it was quite weird having one straight after English Literature on a Tuesday! On my first lesson, all of the time was spent on little village roads. But on my second lesson... I was let loose on the main roads, tackling roundabouts! It was so scary, but fun all the same!
Today was actually rather fun. Ok, I had double Maths first. I didn't do much, just some exam questions.... which were terrifying, and I informed our teacher I was going tubing on Wednesday! We went to the computer room for one hour, where our other teacher had left a "welcome" message for us all on Fronter. Talked about old televisions. (Still need to get mine fixed as it somehow stopped working this week, living off watching DVD's on my laptop and youtube!) So that was fun hour. Got given more homework! I also picked up my 4th timetable of the year! I had to leave straight after those 2 hours though. Well, my day had ended after those two lessons and I also had to get to the dentist. So my mum picked me up, and we had a really good day out! I had to brush my teeth in the car, which was a palaver. Then we had to try and find a space to park. We made it just in time. My appointment literally lasted for one minute, as all was good. Afterwards, I felt rather hungry so as a treat for surviving the dentist, I got an "All stars box" from KFC, which included a BBQ wrap, popcorn chicken and fries for £2.99. Yum! Anyway, after that we travelled for around half an hour to Tesco to buy some Indian food. Popped into Biddy's. Went to our usual cake shop we always go to as they have amazing bargains on cakes. I just realised the fascination we have with food when we go out! Then we went round my grandparents house, who I haven't seen in ages. Finally got home in the end!
What is next for me? Well, I have work this weekend. 8.30am-5pm on Saturday! A long shift for me! Then 11.30am-6pm on Sunday. I can't get over my two days at work on Monday though as I'm in mostly all day at sixth form! My next driving lesson is on that Monday. So that is going to be a tiring day! Emily has her party on Wednesday, which I am looking forward to, but I am slightly apprehensive due to what happened last time when I went tubing. I went with my friend who I have known all my life and her sister. We were sliding down together, and somehow my legs went downwards on the slope really sharply, which startled me so I let go of my friends hands as I didn't want to take them down with me. Then I banged my head really hard on the slope as we were going quite fast and my leg twisted and banged on the slope as well. I don't really know what happened to me then. I can't remember too well. My mum said that it was around a couple of minutes until I actually moved. So I must have just knocked myself out. I don't know. It was scary. But hopefully that won't happen this time. My mum is really scared for me to go, which I can understand as it must have been horrible for her to witness. But onwards and upwards!
Sorry for such an unorganised post, didn't want structure! I will hopefully upload again soon when I have a bit more time!
So yeah, it's all good...
A :)
No comments:
Post a Comment