Friday, 12 September 2014

First Four Days Featuring Four A2 Levels...

So this was my first official week of A2. I'm still unsure which subject to drop at the time of typing, so I am starting out doing four A2 levels. Which means that I have no private study sessions on my timetable as yet. As soon as I have decided which one to drop, then I will... unfortunately! I'm gutted I'm not working full-time this week, as I really enjoyed it. I did have a good weekend with all of my work friends, I have been working there for exactly one year now! (7th September is my work anniversary) I got invited to the pub on Monday night for my work friends leaving do, except she isn't really leaving us! Prepare for another diary type post, although this time I'm at sixth form!

Monday:

The morning itself was actually very relaxing as I didn't have to go into sixth form until last lesson for double Sociology! I would actually have a day off if I dropped Sociology... that is the only reason why I'd drop it! So I chilled a bit as I needed a bit of relaxation time after work this weekend. I read a couple of the short stories featured in The Penguin Book Of First World War Stories. Watched a bit of The Apprentice. I went round Lish's for lunch, which was eventful! We walked to Asda to get some squirty cream for the pie-in-the-face challenge to raise awareness for Huntingtons and Parkinsons disease. Lish had a very funny moment in Asda! She was holding the two cans of cream against her breast, and a man walked round the corner and just looked at her weirdly! But finally we made it back to her house, acquiring Siobhan on the way. Then it was time, so Lish squirted some cream on the plates which actually started to melt a bit. It was my turn first, so I got cream on my face by Siobhan! Then Siobhan, who got creamed by Lish (Just realised how wrong that sounds...) and finally I got to shove cream in Lish's face, which was fun! It was actually really funny and I think we should do more challenges more often! I had to quickly wash the cream off though, as I had to go to Sociology straight afterwards! It was meant to be two hours, but one teacher wasn't there so we just got set some work and some more work. Urgh! Then I panicked as I had no money to get home with. Luckily I found my brother and he had a pound, so I could get home!

So I got home and had tea and was debating about whether or not to go to my work friends leaving do which was tonight. In the end, I thought I may as well so I caught the bus and went to work. I was so glad I did, I got my Santa and a large portion of fries, for free.
So I went in the staff room, ate them and read a bit more of my book and chatted. Then we went off to the pub opposite where I work. There were nine of us in total. So we go in and I decide to order a J2O. Then my friend said that she would buy me a shot. So I assumed it was just one shot. Then I looked over and saw that she had bought four! Two for me, two for her. So we had them and we all went outside and chatted about lots of random stuff. More drinks were appearing, my friend got me a couple more shots on a tray, then after that my manager appears and orders more drinks, including a couple more shots! So by that time I had six shots and thought "Wow... I think I need to stop now.." but then another guy came back with two more for me, so in the end, I had eight! I weren't really drunk, I just felt a bit hyped up than normal and was laughing more loudly, a bit like last time really. Got hugs and kisses from people I work with! We ended the evening in McDonalds and I used the voucher on the back of my bus ticket to get a Big Mac and fries for £1.99! Such a good evening!

Tuesday:

I don't actually have any full six-period days on this timetable. But today was one of the busiest days on my timetable. And I didn't really feel up to it, especially after events from last night! I had eight shots. My mum had to wake me up. I was so tired and drowsy and had a bit of a headache. To be honest, the morning was a bit of a blur for me, especially Sociology. I wasn't really fully aware what I was even saying and I just put my head on the table for a bit... I just told my teacher I was tired! I had a free hour so I went to the study centre and found Elli in there, doing Biology. So we did a bit of work and chatted as this is the first time I have properly seen Elli since... ages ago. Ally came over and was like "Have you decided which subject you are dropping as yet?" and I was like "I don't know! Let me get through this week and see what the new psychology teachers are like!" I do need to decide that soon. But oh well. I had psychology today actually, with one of the new teachers. She seems ok, very organised and structured which is good but very unlike myself! And the classroom is decorated a lot and is so colourful and she has a cuddly toy drawer.

It was all good to be true. But I don't know. I have heard bad things about her like what happened at her last school. Plus she started teaching us and it isn't the way I really learn things. She was so active and sometimes when teachers are like that, I can't keep up! Especially today, after I was drinking the night before. I learn through making notes on stuff. It worked for AS! And she didn't really smile that much. Which was sad as smiles are good. The topics that we are going to learn has been changed, we were going to learn about Schizophrenia and Addiction, but now we are going to learn about Depression and the Media. All change. I'll see how the other teacher is like. And research about these topics a bit more. The exams are more about essays this year. I waffle a lot in essays, some are good and some are bad. This blog is a very good example of an ongoing waffle. Speaking of waffles, lunch was tiring... but it was nice to see people and socialise. Fifth lesson was spent in the study centre where I almost completed my Sociology homework. Sixth was English, where our teacher was baffled by our results, saw it as inappropriate if I got my crisps out and we did this Twitter thing, where we had to make tweets of the quotes in Antony and Cleopatra, including hashtags! Then the late bus ride with Elli and Emily and I found out the late bus driver was still there, which was all good times!

Wednesday

Today was a bit of a judgement day today. As I had Psychology and Maths, and one of them I will be dropping very soon. Very soon indeed as we had a group mentor session at lunch and my mentor was like "Which subject are you dropping?" and I was like "I still don't know as yet!" Everyone wants to know, give me a chance! Today didn't really help make up my mind. I had double psychology first with the other new teacher. He seemed ok actually, we did make a lot of notes as well as discussing things, I think I prefer him over our other teacher, as I'm quite old fashioned in that way, even though sometimes you can drift off into a daydream when he is in the middle of speaking... But it was really weird as no one would answer his questions. It was literally just Maddy and I actually answering them, so at the end of the lesson he definitely knew our names! I didn't mind the stuff we were learning about too much, but again lots of research. Lots of names to remember! Then it was Maths and I was absolutely dreading it as it just seemed weird going there as I was convinced I weren't doing it this year.

We have a new teacher for Maths and we all went through some mathsy stuff and did some mathsy stuff. Problem was, I wasn't prepared. I only just found a pencil in my pencil case to sketch a graph and as for a ruler... lets just say I can't draw straight lines that well. And I have no idea where my calculator is, as I didn't think I'd need it this year. Really hoping I didn't put it in the bin!There is definitely a step up from last year in Maths. There was only six of us in the class! Then we had another hour, where we learnt some more mathsy stuff and reminisced last year, and the coursework (where I just went "Ergh!") and of course, the exams. We did some stuff on proof, which I find really icky, but people are like "It is easy!", in the exams, I actually missed out all the proof stuff as I hated it so much and just thought "Ain't nobody got time for that!" After that, I had the mentor meeting. I think after this week, I would have definitely made a decision about which to drop just to prevent teachers from asking me! Also, this week has confirmed already that I wouldn't survive doing 4 A2's, as I have been given so much work to do and I have little time to complete it, especially with knowing that I'm working both Saturday and Sunday!


Thursday

So I had English Literature for 2 hours in the morning. It was with the same teacher I had last year. And he wished to know the books we had all been reading over the summer holidays. Starting with Regeneration. Which I have read, but forgotten what actually happens in it. So I may have to reread it. 'Tis Pity She's a Whore is another example of this. I haven't read much of Blake and only just started the short stories book. And I said that I had read some poems in the 101 poems against war book, although I haven't read all 101! Then we all got invited to some lectures about the books we are studying on the 17th of November. I said I'd go if it was like an official school trip! It is over £20 though and I would be paying with my own money. I'll have to see. Then I got picked on to present some group work and I had no idea what I was meant to be saying as I was in my own little world. I made a good point to Kez about English related stuff though! Break was spent quickly printing off my sociology essay. Then we actually had sociology, our teacher still isn't back so we were left to get on with some questions. After completing them, we played 2048! Then we had a teacher for the next hour and it was actually an ok lesson as all we really did was debate about different scenarios and whether they would be deviant or acceptable in different situations. Like wearing a rubber diving suit is acceptable when people go to the beach, but you don't see people turning up to job interviews wearing rubber diving suits. Then our teacher was like "deviance is..." and no one knew the word, and I thought I knew it... so I guessed it and it was right! My achievement of the day! I went home after saying hello to people in the common room!

These past few days with four A2's in sixth form have been tiring and definitely confirmed to myself that I couldn't cope with doing four subjects. But it was a good start to the official A2 year, experiencing all of my lessons at A2 level!

So yeah, it's all good...

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment