Monday, 29 September 2014

Non-Stop Monday...

Happy Birthday Emily! 18 Today!

I had a reasonably good weekend. Saturday was really good, everyone was in high spirits. I had long hours on Saturday, but it was still good. Sunday wasn't too bad... we were just really quiet and I felt like I wasn't there for too long as I only just started serving people at midday! It has been a bit crazy today, so I thought "why not blog?!?!" My sleeping pattern was a bit disturbed last night. I woke up at 4am, because my toe was absolutely throbbing. Have no idea what I have done to it! I eventually managed to get back to sleep at around 6ish, and slept in until 8.30am, which is pretty late for me. I did have to get to sixth form by 9.30am so it was a bit of a rush to get out in time! I got to sixth form and found Siobhan and Gemma in the study centre, revising for English as we had a test question 3rd lesson. I had forgotten about that.. so I quickly did some reading of critical comments and hoping for the best that I would somehow remember some stuff that was relevant. I mostly chatted to Gemma as she had an argument with a teacher on Friday. I call this my Gemma day! Then it was break, where we all stood and chatted and I saw Elli and she was saying how she felt like she hadn't seen me in ages... but it is all good now as she saw me then!

After break, we had English Lit. So I went in and informed our teacher that both Gemma and Kez would be late. He had a mini despair over it. He also informed me that my other teacher had found my hand-written analysis, which made me happy. Luckily we didn't start the question straight away, as Kez was 40 minutes late and we were asked to share back some independent learning stuff and had to read an A* essay before we started to get a feel for exam techniques. Then we got the choice of three questions and we had to answer one of them. I think most people went for the first one, our whole row did! I went on a bit of a ramble. I don't even know what I was talking about in the end. I started making a point... then it got longer and longer, the paragraph filled the whole page of my rambles and then I suddenly realised how much I wrote and realised it was a load of waffle. I didn't even read it back as it was a bad waffle. I tried to save the essay in my next paragraph... but it was too late. Oh well. I suppose it was better than writing nothing at all.

As soon as we had finished the test question, we had to go to Maths for the lunchtime lesson and 5th lesson. We were the last ones to get there as we had to come from the other side of the school. It was ok though, as when I got there, I got out my cheese and brown sauce roll, salt and vinegar sticks and sugary flapjack. And I ate those while "learning" lots of new Maths stuff. And I mean lots of new Maths stuff. We were learning about Differentiation, which we learnt about last year. But now, we have to learn a whole load of new rules. The Chain Rule. The Product Rule. The Quotient Rule. Too many rules to learn! After those two hours, I had private study for an hour at the end of the day. I wasn't really up for too much work as I had done around 4 hours straight with only a 10 minute break! So I was going to read "Miss Oglivy  Finds Herself" (Or "the lesbian fantasy" as my teacher describes it) but I kept getting distracted by looking at Christmas things on the internet with Gemma. Then I complained to Millie's cookies pretending to be Miss Oglivy herself as they don't have enough variety of non-chocolate flavoured cookies.

After that, I saw Emily and Emma where they were going on the late bus. I saw Andrew as well, and told him that I had a driving lesson and that is why I wasn't going to be on the bus! So I walked and met up with the instructor and we went on the little village lanes again. For around a quarter of an hour! Then I somehow ended up on the main roads again, facing more roundabouts! And mini roundabouts this time, which are more complicated than bigger roundabouts. From then on, I stayed on the main roads. I stalled a couple of times, but I was terrified about going on main roads with other drivers! Luckily it was all ok and I actually managed to drive myself home! I was so tired after all that, so I'm glad I'm home now!

So yeah, it's all good...

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment