Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Timetable Troubles...

I disagree with all these allocated private studies that our sixth form has introduced this year. And I let my feelings be known... This blog post today is dedicated to Elli, who says that she likes reading peoples posts before she blogs herself. So enjoy reading this... I say skip to Tuesday where I talk about my battle with Dawnvader...

Monday was.... bearable. It was my Mum's birthday. She liked all the presents I got for her, which was good. I had double English Literature and double Maths. Problem is, one of the Maths lessons was a lunchtime lesson. So I had English 3rd and 4th, then Maths at lunch and 5th! English was ok, except our teacher was like "Where is Kez?" and we were like "She is probably late" as most of the time she is late. This little boy came waltzing into the classroom and I actually thought he was Kez. But it turns out she had German, which is taught at another sixth form, so she ended up missing half an hour of the double lesson. Now, this happened last year in Psychology. No fuss was made. But the English teachers are determined for Kez to get to English on time so they are panicking. Not much can really be done for it though. We didn't even do that much in the first half hour, apart from getting given a "present" which was a high tech, modern folder, which are apparently selling on Amazon for £15 each! This lesson, we went onto Facebook status updates. We got given homework to produce a rhyming verse of Act 3 of Antony and Cleopatra. And I asked the great question of "Can we work in pairs to create this?" which he happily agreed to.

Straight after English was finished, we had to go to Maths. But I didn't feel like going there straight away, not after two hours of English Lit, so I went to see if my new timetable had been completed. It turns out mine was actually being completed when I went to check! I got told to come back after lunch had finished. So I went to the lesson, through the E block... where I found a little year 7 girl, who was in tears. No one else was around, so I went over and asked "Are you ok? Do you know whereabouts you are meant to be right now?" and she didn't know and was really upset. So I thought the most logical thing to do was to find a teacher. Luckily, I did and the teacher helped the girl get to where she had to go. Finally, I got to Maths and was like "I'm sorry I'm late, I had to see whether my timetable was completed and then I bumped into a little girl who was crying!" It was all ok though, we hadn't started that much and I was allowed to eat my sausage roll in the middle of the lessons as we had a break! Thank goodness! So I went to the common room to see people, where I heard that Dawn was apparently looking for me. So I went to her office and got my timetable, then returned to Maths! After the two hours of Maths, I went home and then went round my nanny and granddad's house, where they are having problems fixing their car...

I looked at my timetable as well, and I disliked some of the places my private studies had been placed. There were three that I really disliked and left a few gaps in my timetable. So I resolved to talk to someone about it on Tuesday (preferably Ally). I love the fact that I got on the bus today, said "hello", and the driver just put through my single! I first had double Sociology, where our teacher still hasn't returned, but will hopefully be back in two weeks time. So we got left some work to do. For the first hour, we had to answer questions. And considering how much we were actually talking, I'm surprised we got onto the last question! Jordan has literally ruined all of my subjects for me. He said that a teacher who never really used to teach us that much at the end of the year might as well have been sitting in the corner, having a spliff. He has compared Maths to Lord Of The Rings, calling one of our teachers Gollum. And English... I'm not even going to go there! Dawn is now apparently "Dawnvader". The second hour was spent productively on YouTube.

Then it was break, it was short and I can't remember it that much. Then it was time to complain about my timetable. So I found Ally and was like "I can't do some of these private studies" and she was like "Oh, go and speak to Dawn about that" (which I was really hoping that she wouldn't say that..) So I had to go into the Dawnvader's office and I simply said "You are going to hate me, but I can't do three of these private studies you have given me!" Immediately she came back with "No! No! I'm not changing any more!" But eventually I got my point across, I had to fight a bit with her to actually get them moved as she was adamant that there was no room for me to change them, but finally, she actually started agreeing with me. I think it helped when I stated that I'd stay in the study centre unofficially for 2-3 hours each Friday if she wasn't going to change them! She said that wasn't possible, so I said "Well, where else am I meant to go?" It was so weird having an argument with an adult authority figure! I found my fighting spirit! We got to the point where she eventually said she could move them all. I had won a battle with Dawnvader! Just call me Amy Skywalker from now on! I spent around two hours with Kez, creating a rap for the English homework. I would call it rhyming verse, not sure what our teacher will think of it, but we think it is pure talent! Double English was boring and tiring and I wasn't really focused. We did "'Tis Pity She's A Whore" where I was Bergetto. Didn't know how to pronounce Poggio. And I told the teacher I was tired and he accused me of not reading it! I have read it, I just couldn't keep up with all the deaths and the madness of it all! Late bus journey home, had a good chat with Elli, Emily and Andrew (the bus driver).

And today was uneventful. Double sociology, only one teacher for one lesson and double private study, then the late bus journey with Elli.

Now that all of the private studies have been changed, my timetable is almost how I would like it... apart from one private study, but lets not be too greedy! The moral of this blog post is... If you truly want something that benefits you, fight like a warrior! Oh and don't compare your teachers to fictional characters. You'll never get over it through the entire year... i.e. Strax, Dawnvader... etc...

So yeah, it's all good...

A :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post Amy, I will cherish it forever :')

    ReplyDelete