Saturday, 6 May 2023

27th August 2018: Back to Basics...

Hi. I hope you are well and having a good day.
 
In my next post from the past, we have a Back To Basics with a tag full of questions which I answered on 27th August 2018. 2018 wasn't the best year for me, I was struggling with a lot of things therefore I haven't got many drafted blog posts which can be classed as complete. Similar to my 50 Facts About Me post, this was one I quite enjoyed reading back and seeing what has changed!

It's been a good while since I done a quickfire question tag, which is why I thought I would do one today!

Are you a morning or night person?
Definitely morning, I sleep early and wake up early!

Are you afraid of the dark?
No, not at all! I actually quite like the dark when it's peaceful and quiet.

Are you an extrovert or introvert?
I'd say more of an introvert although I can be confident when I want to. It ultimately depends on my mood.

Are you double jointed?
Yes, I have double jointed thumbs.

Are you left or right handed?
Right handed.

Are you more of a tidy person or a messy one?
I'd love to think and answer this as tidy, but unfortunately the reality is I am messy!

Are you on time or always late?
On time, and if not early. I hate being late... If I am late, there is always a reason behind it!

Are you ticklish?
Yes.

Can you curl your tongue?
Yes.

Can you ice skate?
Yes, but not well!

Can you wiggle your ears? 
Yes, and in a different direction than most people.

Coffee or tea?
Neither, tap water!

Cookies, cake or donuts?
I would have to say cake!

Did you ever participate in a talent show?
Yes, I performed Skater Girl by Avril Lavigne in a talent show at middle school.

Did you go to prom?
Yes.

Did you like school?
I didn't mind it. I like learning new things so school suited me well. My favourite years were probably year 10 and 11! 

Do you believe in ghosts?
Not ghosts but I do believe there is something out there but not necessarily ghosts.

Do you bite your nails?
No, unless they get too long and I can't be bothered to file them.

Do you consider yourself a good cook?
I'd like to think I am a reasonably good cook, I'm definitely one of those experimenter cooks who experiments with different things and somehow things work out well!

Do you enjoy dancing?
Yes but only when extremely happy or drunk.

Do you enjoy DIY or crafts?
Yes.

Do you forgive easily?
I wouldn't say easily no. However I believe people do deserve second chances. Once second chances are given, I don't forgive easily!

Do you have any allergies?
Cats, which is annoying as I'm definitely more of a cat person.

Do you have any phobias?
Claustrophobia, which can get pretty bad when I'm in small spaces.

Do you have any piercings or tattoos?
Just my ears.

Do you have children?
No.

Do you have pets?
I had a cat called Mika when living at home, now I have moved out I don't have a pet as I'm not responsible enough!

Do you have siblings?
I have a 16 year old brother called Ben. 

Do you prefer dogs or cats?
I prefer cats but I'm allergic! Dogs are still pretty cute although I hate big dogs simply due to my recent experiences with them.

Do you prefer Mac or PC?
PC, I have never had a Mac so can't really compare.

Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
Probably the mountains as I love exploring! However if I was feeling lazy then definitely the beach!

Do you prefer to bath or shower?
Bath as I find it so relaxing to be surrounded by water.

Do you sing in the shower?
No. 

Do you smoke?
No. 

Do you speak any different languages?
No.

Do you still have your wisdom teeth?
They are still trying to grow in, have been growing for the past two years.

Do you still watch cartoons?
Yes. 

Do you/have you played any sports?
I used to play sports quite a bit such as hockey, netball and rounders but not so much now. I would love to get into going to the gym, I made that my new years resolution for this year but unfortunately I don't think it is going to happen! Maybe next year!

Does your name have a special meaning?
I think it means beloved in Latin but don't quote me on that!

Have you ever been hospitalized?
No.

Have you ever been on a diet?
No, I don't believe much in them. Eating regularly and healthily as well as exercising is the best way to diet in my opinion.

Have you ever been to a concert?
Yes.

Have you ever gone camping?
No.

Have you ever met any celebrities?
No don't think so. Unless you count ex / current footballers? Then I have been round one current footballers house for a hen do and went to another ex footballers wedding.

Have you ever skipped class?
Yes. 

Have you ever won something? 
Yes.

Have you had braces?
No.

How tall are you?
Around 5'7.

If money were no object what would you get for your next birthday?
I'd hire out mini bus and I'd invite family and friends on this mini bus to Dover, where there would be a massive cruise ship waiting and we'd all hop on the cruise ship, full of food, drinks, swimming pools etc and we'd have a chill booze cruise. Each guest will receive a goody bag full of treats. I'd also get a massive house and garages for my classic car collection, as well as land and office space. It did say money wasn't an object so I'm going all out!

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I went to Amsterdam recently and really loved the buildings and architecture there, so maybe the Netherlands.

Were you ever a scout or a brownie?
I was a brownie.

What city were you born in?
Not saying the city, but Norfolk.

What did you last eat? 
Pizza and curly fries.

What did you want to be when you were younger?
A cruise ship hostess.

What do you do on a typical Friday night?
Most Friday nights are my chill nights, we have junk food and just laze around a lot, watching TV. Although I like to go out when I can!

What is one food that you refuse to eat?
Snails.

What is one item on your bucket list?
Go to Miami.

What is one item you can’t live without?
Probably my craft and memory box. Those would be difficult to replace!

What is your shoe size?
5.

What movie have you watched repeatedly?
Mary Poppins, Saving Mr Banks, Fantastic Mr Fox and High School Musical (I've rediscovered my love for it)

What phone do you have (Apple or Android)?
Android, Samsung S7.

What should you be doing right now?
Sleeping.

What’s one goal you would like to accomplish this year?
I would love to complete an online course of a subject that really inspires and interests me.

What’s one of your pet peeves?
I have so many, but the main one is definitely cyclists. I don't swear in my day to day life often but cyclists make me swear when driving!

What’s the last song you’ve listened to?
Kygo/John Newman - Never Let You Go.

What’s the most expensive item of clothing that you own?
A pair of Vans which cost me £40 while in London this year. I don't spend a lot on one item with clothes.

What’s the thing you can’t leave the house without?
My debit card!

What’s your best physical feature?
I'd say my smile.

What’s your Chinese sign?
Ox.

What’s your current obsession? 
Savoury food in general.

What’s your dream car?
Beetle, I'd love a mint green one... one day!

What’s your favourite animal?
Seal... Has been my favourite animal since I was 7 years old.

What’s your favourite book?
Anything by Sophie Kinsella. I love the Shopaholic series. I also love the Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared. I'm also trying to read more Young Adult fiction as well, and just more reading in general.

What’s your favourite colour?
At this moment in time, green.

What’s your favourite dessert?
Sticky toffee pudding/jam roly poly/crumble.

What’s your favourite drink?
Bulmers No.17 Cider. Or Strawberry Milkshake!

What’s your favourite food?
Probably burgers and fries, pretzels are also becoming a firm favourite.

What’s your favourite foreign food?
Chicken korma, but from a decent Indian restaurant. My favourite korma is from The Rajasthan which is in London, or a smaller Indian restaurant tucked away in the back roads of the city where I live.

What’s your favourite gadget?
Probably my phone or the TV.

What’s your favourite hobby?
Being lazy, blogging or doing some sort of art and craft.

What’s your favourite movie?
Mary Poppins. This never changes!

What’s your favourite restaurant?
Five Guys/Byrons/Shake Shack. A theme of burgers!

What’s your favourite sandwich?
Favourite is the Italian BMT from Subway, which is ham, salami, cheese then toasted, lettuce, pickles, sweetcorn and chiptotle sauce. Yum. I need to make this at home some time.

What’s your favourite season?
Summer.

What’s your favourite series?
Series of Unfortunate Events. First thing that came into my head when I read series but it is great, I want to eventually read all the books before I watch the Netflix adaptation.

What’s your favourite snack?
Hersheys Cookies and Creme chocolate bars, I'm obsessed!

What’s your favourite sport to watch?
Football.

What’s your favourite thing to have for breakfast?
Scrambled egg, with cheese, salt and pepper.

What’s your full name?
Amy Alice.

What’s your longest relationship so far?
Three years.

What’s your lucky number?
25.

What’s your star sign?
Leo.

When is your birthday?
14th August.

Which city did you grow up in?
Norfolk.

Which city do you live in now?
Still Norfolk, but different city to where I grew up.

Who do you miss right now?
My mum.

Who is your celebrity crush?
Zac Efron is always a yes, as well as Chris Hemsworth. 

Who’s your favourite fictional character?
Probably Tracy Beaker. I'm such a kid at heart but she was the first thing that came to mind!

So yeah, it's all good...

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment