Four years later to the day, we have this post from the past entitled Getting Tipsy. I decided to write this one as I went out for drinks at least once a week back then. There was a Friday extended lunch pub culture at work which I was a part of and I used to come back to work and try to act sober (unsuccessfully!) Now I still love going out and having a drink when the occasion arises but it's definitely not weekly now!
8. An incredibly tipsy work night out when everyone was sober and I was out of it. This was only a couple months ago. Basically we had organised a team night out however everyone dropped out at the last minute. We went to a pub for drinks, then Bills for food. My god I was so embarrassed as I was out of it at around 7am! The drink affected me so much, more than it normally does and even the waiter knew I was drunk as he was like "drink a gallon of water before you go to bed!" I couldn't even tell you what the food was like I was that bad! After Bill's, I decided I was desperate for the toilet so I ran into this silent Waterstones, spoke to the first shop assistant I saw and just burst on through to their toilet! I was a woman on a mission! Next we went into this sort of pub sort of place which was packed and the music was pumping like mad, and everyone was like "I don't mind if we stay here or not" to which I answered with walking out of the door. Finally we settled on a usual pub where I have been to a few times before where I tried to sober up a bit, I stood for what felt like 10 minutes in the fresh air. Then the taxi. The second time I have had to tell a taxi driver to pull over for me to be sick. And I was very sick, in a ditch which was full of stinging nettles. My hands hurt a lot the next day and I was also at work. However as I don't suffer from hangovers I was all good there!
In today's post, I'm going to be discussing getting that little bit tipsy, nights out and house parties.
For me, I knew I was never going to be a person who would go out and get drunk every weekend. That is just not me, and it would also prove very expensive for my bank account! I prefer going out every once in a while for a night out and would say I go out and get drunk at least once a month. I have had some amazing nights out with some amazing people and created some amazing memories from that (it's been pretty amazing in case you didn't guess already!)
My first proper night out was the day after my 18th Birthday. I was in London with my family for my 18th Birthday the day before, we got back pretty late as the train was delayed. Then the next day I had an 11 hour shift at work and people were talking about going out that night as it had just been my 18th birthday and one of the girls was leaving. I was debating all day with another guy about going then we were like why not. It started off with around 15 of us, sat outside in Spoons for a good few hours, ordering drinks, chatting (I managed to accident smash a few glasses in my tipsy state which resulted in a lot of cheers!) and ended with around 7 of us going to the Waterfront. This included Jordan and I, who were only a few days into our relationship. We got one photo of the night, and that was this one where the guys mounted a dragon and I'm pretty sure I have a photo of my first legally bought shots on my other phone too!
When we left, I didn't want to be in the taxi by myself going home so Jordan told the driver to drive to mine first (despite being more out of the way) then going back on himself to drop Jordan off at his house. I then had to be extremely quiet whilst coming through the house and spent the remainder of my night attempting to throw up with no luck. I didn't get much sleep and had my birthday get together with friends that day, where friends might remember I was extremely out of it that evening!
For the record, I am not a massive going out person. However if the opportunity arises to go out and get drunk, I won't say no unless I really have to. I love going out, dancing the night away and feeling that little bit lightheaded without a care in the world with amazing people.
I've had some eventful and hilarious nights out. I've had some horrible and emotional nights out too, although luckily the eventful, happy and hilarious times heavily outweigh the bad. I'd say how good my night will be depends on the situation (where we are, if other people are drinking, what the atmosphere is like) and people (if I get along with them, how / if they communicate to me), and how they also handle situations that arise in the night. I like to get tipsy however most times, I am a controllable tipsy. If I feel a night isn't going anywhere, I will slowly stop drinking or drink incredibly slowly. I always know when a night is going down the drainpipe or isn't going to be good and I think thats the way to go!
We are gonna start with the bad nights. I have had hardly any bad nights but my 21st Birthday night out wasn't a great night for me in an emotional state. It is a shame looking back as turning 21 is a big occasion for most people. A group of us went to Popworld and I really enjoyed Popworld itself, I thought it was great and the happy moments I did have there were absolutely amazing. I do have some videos of the happy moments I had there! However I felt that even when I was surrounded by all these different people, I felt so alone and isolated. I just genuinely felt invisible to everyone who was there and I felt there would be no difference in the night if I was there or not.
I was in such a bad mental state at the time and I felt a lot of people were judging me. I knew before I even went, I shouldn't have gone. I said to Jordan literally before we left that I knew I wasn't in the right frame of mind and really didn't want to go because of that. I didn't want to have a bad night, nor did I want to spoil anyone elses, so I mainly stayed away from everyone so they could have a good time. However I still went as I was the one who primarily organised it, plus it was for my 21st. All I can say is thank godness for Jordan and Elli being there. Jordan first realised something was wrong pretty early on in the night and he was determined to stay with me throughout, whatever happened. Which made me more emotional at the time. My friend Elli really helped me through that night and for that, I was so incredibly grateful to her. Which made me even more emotional at the time. She took me away from the crowds, which I was grateful for as I am slightly claustrophobic and being an emotional mess didn't help either. We went upstairs, found a small booth, danced and had a great time. That was the happiest I had felt in a good while and that was what made the night for me. When I got home, I was even more emotional that I had such an amazing boyfriend and friend who made the night a happier one for me. I cried so much with a mix of happy and sad tears before I finally went to sleep. That was probably the worst night only due to how I felt on the inside, but it was also a memorable night in the sense that I was so grateful to Elli and Jordan for making the night great for me!
For me, I knew I was never going to be a person who would go out and get drunk every weekend. That is just not me, and it would also prove very expensive for my bank account! I prefer going out every once in a while for a night out and would say I go out and get drunk at least once a month. I have had some amazing nights out with some amazing people and created some amazing memories from that (it's been pretty amazing in case you didn't guess already!)
My first proper night out was the day after my 18th Birthday. I was in London with my family for my 18th Birthday the day before, we got back pretty late as the train was delayed. Then the next day I had an 11 hour shift at work and people were talking about going out that night as it had just been my 18th birthday and one of the girls was leaving. I was debating all day with another guy about going then we were like why not. It started off with around 15 of us, sat outside in Spoons for a good few hours, ordering drinks, chatting (I managed to accident smash a few glasses in my tipsy state which resulted in a lot of cheers!) and ended with around 7 of us going to the Waterfront. This included Jordan and I, who were only a few days into our relationship. We got one photo of the night, and that was this one where the guys mounted a dragon and I'm pretty sure I have a photo of my first legally bought shots on my other phone too!
When we left, I didn't want to be in the taxi by myself going home so Jordan told the driver to drive to mine first (despite being more out of the way) then going back on himself to drop Jordan off at his house. I then had to be extremely quiet whilst coming through the house and spent the remainder of my night attempting to throw up with no luck. I didn't get much sleep and had my birthday get together with friends that day, where friends might remember I was extremely out of it that evening!
For the record, I am not a massive going out person. However if the opportunity arises to go out and get drunk, I won't say no unless I really have to. I love going out, dancing the night away and feeling that little bit lightheaded without a care in the world with amazing people.
I've had some eventful and hilarious nights out. I've had some horrible and emotional nights out too, although luckily the eventful, happy and hilarious times heavily outweigh the bad. I'd say how good my night will be depends on the situation (where we are, if other people are drinking, what the atmosphere is like) and people (if I get along with them, how / if they communicate to me), and how they also handle situations that arise in the night. I like to get tipsy however most times, I am a controllable tipsy. If I feel a night isn't going anywhere, I will slowly stop drinking or drink incredibly slowly. I always know when a night is going down the drainpipe or isn't going to be good and I think thats the way to go!
We are gonna start with the bad nights. I have had hardly any bad nights but my 21st Birthday night out wasn't a great night for me in an emotional state. It is a shame looking back as turning 21 is a big occasion for most people. A group of us went to Popworld and I really enjoyed Popworld itself, I thought it was great and the happy moments I did have there were absolutely amazing. I do have some videos of the happy moments I had there! However I felt that even when I was surrounded by all these different people, I felt so alone and isolated. I just genuinely felt invisible to everyone who was there and I felt there would be no difference in the night if I was there or not.
I was in such a bad mental state at the time and I felt a lot of people were judging me. I knew before I even went, I shouldn't have gone. I said to Jordan literally before we left that I knew I wasn't in the right frame of mind and really didn't want to go because of that. I didn't want to have a bad night, nor did I want to spoil anyone elses, so I mainly stayed away from everyone so they could have a good time. However I still went as I was the one who primarily organised it, plus it was for my 21st. All I can say is thank godness for Jordan and Elli being there. Jordan first realised something was wrong pretty early on in the night and he was determined to stay with me throughout, whatever happened. Which made me more emotional at the time. My friend Elli really helped me through that night and for that, I was so incredibly grateful to her. Which made me even more emotional at the time. She took me away from the crowds, which I was grateful for as I am slightly claustrophobic and being an emotional mess didn't help either. We went upstairs, found a small booth, danced and had a great time. That was the happiest I had felt in a good while and that was what made the night for me. When I got home, I was even more emotional that I had such an amazing boyfriend and friend who made the night a happier one for me. I cried so much with a mix of happy and sad tears before I finally went to sleep. That was probably the worst night only due to how I felt on the inside, but it was also a memorable night in the sense that I was so grateful to Elli and Jordan for making the night great for me!
On the flipside, I've had so many incredible and hilarious memories when drunk. In no particular order, here are my top 8 (was going to be 10 but I never finished the list!) favourite tipsy moments. I have had more tipsy moments than this but these are just the highlights which stick in my mind!
1. Jordan's Christmas parties. I mention these first as our most memorable moment was last year. We went to a posh manor for Jordan's Christmas party, and we let off squeaky balloons everywhere which flew around this marquee! We got all got very drunk, danced a lot, and got a taxi back home.. Only to realise we hadn't brought a house key with us! Our door back then could lock shut when it closed so we were locked out.. In the end, Jordan had to break through the back gate and we somehow managed to break into the house to sleep! That was a crazy night!
2. My London Christmas parties with work. My god these are hilarious. Every year we have a Christmas party in London for work. All we have to do is pay around £25 for a three course meal, all other expenses are pretty much paid for. And it is a day off work. I've been to three of these parties and I actually really enjoy them. I want to enjoy them while I can as there are a few changes happening at work!
This year, we went for drinks beforehand then headed over to the bar/nightclub where we had our food, where all of us from our hometown stick together and we always have the most fun as people in London can be quite serious at times. We started talking about the most randomest of things, followed by a food fight with the London lot across the tables, me and this other guy were sneaking chocolate balls, wine glasses and a menu into this womans bag, and generally throwing these chocolates around! Beer pong was also going on and I somehow managed to help the girls win despite being awful at beer pong. I drank so much that day / night, I was drinking very solidly for around 12 hours. I couldn't even tell you now what I drunk. Until I was sick, I was sick in the toilets in London (hence no toilet selfie this year) with my manager right outside the door (she has seen me in some states!)
A group of us then got a taxi to the station, we were incredibly drunk and I was almost sick in the taxi. Got to the station and one of the guys had to help me down the steps, and we lost the others in the crowd. We were on a platform and I realised we were on the wrong platform. Where the guy was like "no we are not lets get on the train" and I was determined we were on the wrong train (which we were) and I then ran to a metal locked gate and started tugging on this gate to get to the next platform along, which was the actual train where we finally met up with everyone again. The journey home was random chats, Kettle crisps and one of the London guys just shouting "Rambo" at me every 10 seconds!
3. My work parties in my hometown. They are pretty weird and wild sort of nights. Last one was weird. I somehow managed to smash a wineglass, I got two marriage proposals from guys using the plastic rings you get from crackers... we left as a massive group of around 40 of us, got separated, one guy literally ran in the middle of a motorcyclist and car who had stopped in the middle of the road to shout "There's no time for arguing it's Christmas!" After going to an expensive and dodgy pub (they didn't even serve cider or whiskey) we then all somehow managed to meet up again in another pub, then we went to another one where I helped myself to beef strips and joined a Christmas choir who was merrily singing along and they gave me a booklet to join in!
4. Halloween house parties. My favourite type of house party is around Halloween sort of time. Everyone dresses up and puts that bit of effort into their costumes, and the nights are always entertaining! I did Jordan's make up for Halloween and I thought I did a great job considering I have never done make up like that before! My favourites include Deadpool, a wizard, a Mummy and a scarecrow. It was such a good night, we ended up playing with Nerf guns a lot of the night where we separated into two teams and I decided to be nerf bullet collector... Which seemed like a great idea at the time but the bruises I had afterwards were horrific!
5. Other non-costumed house parties!
6. Drunken evenings in with friends... we have had a few of those!
7. An average Waterfront night out. I love an average Waterfront night every once in a while. Normally it is going to Spoons for drinks and food, getting progressively tipsy then heading out to the Waterfront which is a local club. It's my favourite club to go to, it plays my sort of music. I have been to other clubs, and I liked them too however the Waterfront holds a special place in my heart. There is enough room for a reasonable amount of people, they play decent music and the atmosphere overall is great. I also know one of the DJ's at the Waterfront who DJ's there regularly which is great as we get on so well and he always invites me up to the decks, which makes me feel so special!
1. Jordan's Christmas parties. I mention these first as our most memorable moment was last year. We went to a posh manor for Jordan's Christmas party, and we let off squeaky balloons everywhere which flew around this marquee! We got all got very drunk, danced a lot, and got a taxi back home.. Only to realise we hadn't brought a house key with us! Our door back then could lock shut when it closed so we were locked out.. In the end, Jordan had to break through the back gate and we somehow managed to break into the house to sleep! That was a crazy night!
2. My London Christmas parties with work. My god these are hilarious. Every year we have a Christmas party in London for work. All we have to do is pay around £25 for a three course meal, all other expenses are pretty much paid for. And it is a day off work. I've been to three of these parties and I actually really enjoy them. I want to enjoy them while I can as there are a few changes happening at work!
This year, we went for drinks beforehand then headed over to the bar/nightclub where we had our food, where all of us from our hometown stick together and we always have the most fun as people in London can be quite serious at times. We started talking about the most randomest of things, followed by a food fight with the London lot across the tables, me and this other guy were sneaking chocolate balls, wine glasses and a menu into this womans bag, and generally throwing these chocolates around! Beer pong was also going on and I somehow managed to help the girls win despite being awful at beer pong. I drank so much that day / night, I was drinking very solidly for around 12 hours. I couldn't even tell you now what I drunk. Until I was sick, I was sick in the toilets in London (hence no toilet selfie this year) with my manager right outside the door (she has seen me in some states!)
A group of us then got a taxi to the station, we were incredibly drunk and I was almost sick in the taxi. Got to the station and one of the guys had to help me down the steps, and we lost the others in the crowd. We were on a platform and I realised we were on the wrong platform. Where the guy was like "no we are not lets get on the train" and I was determined we were on the wrong train (which we were) and I then ran to a metal locked gate and started tugging on this gate to get to the next platform along, which was the actual train where we finally met up with everyone again. The journey home was random chats, Kettle crisps and one of the London guys just shouting "Rambo" at me every 10 seconds!
3. My work parties in my hometown. They are pretty weird and wild sort of nights. Last one was weird. I somehow managed to smash a wineglass, I got two marriage proposals from guys using the plastic rings you get from crackers... we left as a massive group of around 40 of us, got separated, one guy literally ran in the middle of a motorcyclist and car who had stopped in the middle of the road to shout "There's no time for arguing it's Christmas!" After going to an expensive and dodgy pub (they didn't even serve cider or whiskey) we then all somehow managed to meet up again in another pub, then we went to another one where I helped myself to beef strips and joined a Christmas choir who was merrily singing along and they gave me a booklet to join in!
4. Halloween house parties. My favourite type of house party is around Halloween sort of time. Everyone dresses up and puts that bit of effort into their costumes, and the nights are always entertaining! I did Jordan's make up for Halloween and I thought I did a great job considering I have never done make up like that before! My favourites include Deadpool, a wizard, a Mummy and a scarecrow. It was such a good night, we ended up playing with Nerf guns a lot of the night where we separated into two teams and I decided to be nerf bullet collector... Which seemed like a great idea at the time but the bruises I had afterwards were horrific!
5. Other non-costumed house parties!
6. Drunken evenings in with friends... we have had a few of those!
7. An average Waterfront night out. I love an average Waterfront night every once in a while. Normally it is going to Spoons for drinks and food, getting progressively tipsy then heading out to the Waterfront which is a local club. It's my favourite club to go to, it plays my sort of music. I have been to other clubs, and I liked them too however the Waterfront holds a special place in my heart. There is enough room for a reasonable amount of people, they play decent music and the atmosphere overall is great. I also know one of the DJ's at the Waterfront who DJ's there regularly which is great as we get on so well and he always invites me up to the decks, which makes me feel so special!
8. An incredibly tipsy work night out when everyone was sober and I was out of it. This was only a couple months ago. Basically we had organised a team night out however everyone dropped out at the last minute. We went to a pub for drinks, then Bills for food. My god I was so embarrassed as I was out of it at around 7am! The drink affected me so much, more than it normally does and even the waiter knew I was drunk as he was like "drink a gallon of water before you go to bed!" I couldn't even tell you what the food was like I was that bad! After Bill's, I decided I was desperate for the toilet so I ran into this silent Waterstones, spoke to the first shop assistant I saw and just burst on through to their toilet! I was a woman on a mission! Next we went into this sort of pub sort of place which was packed and the music was pumping like mad, and everyone was like "I don't mind if we stay here or not" to which I answered with walking out of the door. Finally we settled on a usual pub where I have been to a few times before where I tried to sober up a bit, I stood for what felt like 10 minutes in the fresh air. Then the taxi. The second time I have had to tell a taxi driver to pull over for me to be sick. And I was very sick, in a ditch which was full of stinging nettles. My hands hurt a lot the next day and I was also at work. However as I don't suffer from hangovers I was all good there!
8. Jordan's brother's wedding was a tipsy affair all round, there were a lot of free drinks, we were in Gibraltar on a yacht hotel, we danced a lot, went to the after party at the coolest bar and eventually stumbled back to our lodgings for the time we were there. Jordan's other brother stayed out even later and got so tipsy that the groom had to bring him back to our hotel!
I actually quite like the drunk version of me. Yes I get tipsy. Yes I do incredibly stupid things. Yes I am a complete idiot. Yes I dance wildly whilst on the dancefloor. I do have some great memories of being tipsy. However I do somehow have an ability to also help others if they are in a worse state than me. I'm also very good at getting up in the morning after drinking, I will wake up pretty early virtually every morning and feel absolutely fine. After drinking and getting home very tipsily, I make sure to drink a reasonable amount of water before going straight to bed. And the best part is that luckily most people also seem to like drunk Amy, which is a relief!
I wouldn't recommend going out every night or getting drunk regularly, every once in a while is good enough. As I am getting older, I definitely prefer going to more house parties rather than out out. For me, I like knowing I am in a safe place with people I know and trust, rather than sharing the night in a crowded room with strangers. I like the security of being in a place I know, with people I know (occasionally there are a few people I don't know however it's good to meet new people!) There is enough alcohol to keep us going, there is also a table full of snacks in case we get peckish, usually takeaway is ordered as well and once the party is over, we usually crash on the sofas and play Jackbox or something else until either me or Jordan rings for a taxi home.
I actually quite like the drunk version of me. Yes I get tipsy. Yes I do incredibly stupid things. Yes I am a complete idiot. Yes I dance wildly whilst on the dancefloor. I do have some great memories of being tipsy. However I do somehow have an ability to also help others if they are in a worse state than me. I'm also very good at getting up in the morning after drinking, I will wake up pretty early virtually every morning and feel absolutely fine. After drinking and getting home very tipsily, I make sure to drink a reasonable amount of water before going straight to bed. And the best part is that luckily most people also seem to like drunk Amy, which is a relief!
I wouldn't recommend going out every night or getting drunk regularly, every once in a while is good enough. As I am getting older, I definitely prefer going to more house parties rather than out out. For me, I like knowing I am in a safe place with people I know and trust, rather than sharing the night in a crowded room with strangers. I like the security of being in a place I know, with people I know (occasionally there are a few people I don't know however it's good to meet new people!) There is enough alcohol to keep us going, there is also a table full of snacks in case we get peckish, usually takeaway is ordered as well and once the party is over, we usually crash on the sofas and play Jackbox or something else until either me or Jordan rings for a taxi home.
That is my little overview of getting tipsy and some of the tipsy memories I have really enjoyed so far... I am looking forward to the tipsy moments I will inevitably enjoy in the future!
So yeah, it's all good...
Amy












No comments:
Post a Comment