Past three days have been good... Tuesday I had sociology and english.... which I can't really remember much of. We have started the other part of our english coursework now... So yeah. Also, my uncle had his operation, which went ok. And my brother nearly got ran over by a car because of a dog. Yesterday was my "day off" however I still had to go in for 2 hours of maths. And I kinda called Claire a hermit because we were discussing about homework, then Claire being absent came into the conversation... and I thought someone said "hermit", they didn't they said "homework". I also spent nearly £100 on clothes. Today went rather quick.... but then slowed down at the end...
I really can't be bothered to talk about my days today. So I'm going to talk about A levels in general. My favourite teacher (Not really) said to our class today "Sixth form is about studying more of the subjects you enjoy and are interested in. Are you really interested in the subjects you are taking, or is it just an excuse not to go out to work yet?" which has made me think about my A levels. I don't think sixth form is an excuse for me not to go out to work yet, as I have a job. I think it might be for some other people in our year just so they can spend more time with their friends and have a laugh but I don't think this applies to me and my friends that much....
I am doing four A levels. It may go down to 3 due to mock exam results, but right now I'm doing four. I'm happy doing four as at least I can choose what to drop next year if I don't like a subject.
First up, Sociology. I knew I definately wanted to do this subject at A level. No question, as I love it that much. I am really interested in it, so this option relates to more about my "favourite" teachers opinion of what sixth form is all about. I thought that I wasn't clever enough to do it in Year 11 though as in my Year 10 exam, I only got into the C grade boundary by one mark. Something happened on the morning of the exam which really frightened me and didn't put me in the best frame of mind. But I did improve a lot for the Year 11 exams. It is definately my favourite subject. Plus, Claire is in my lessons with me which makes it all the more enjoyable!
Next, Psychology. I knew I wanted to do this also as the subject was new and fascinating. I even wanted to do this at GCSE, but there wasn't an option for it. I think that was one of the reasons why I picked sociology instead. But now, I enjoy both. I love being introduced to new subjects (Sometimes. Politics is an exception) And I have Siobhan and all we do is laugh at Strax and Mrs Black. Plus, I think I'm getting reasonably good grades for someone who doesn't write that much in psychology...
English. The lovely English. I knew I wanted to do English for an A level, as I enjoyed waffling and rambling in my english exams. I wanted to do Language instead of Literature... But then when I went to the open days, I didn't like Language at all. It just looked boring and at this point I was considering doing Literature instead as I also enjoyed that too. But right now, I dislike English. I think I should have maybe researched into what English Lit was like as an A level before I switched. It really did surprise me as English has always been my favourite "core" subject, but right now, I don't enjoy it as much. At least I have Siobhan and Kez in English, I don't know what I'd do without them. Especially Kez... as every single English lesson we have, I say "Can I drop english now? Is it too late?" but then I think of the consequence of doing that.... I'd have to do Maths for 2 years....
And finally Maths. I wasn't even thinking of doing Maths, until the open day. I was going to do Biology, then a teacher said I couldn't as I wasn't clever enough. Also, the session for Biology seemed rather boring to me. So I thought "What do I do now? I'm already going to switch Lang for Lit. But what if I don't like Lit? I need a backup plan" So I decided to go along for the Maths session. And to my surprise, it was actually ok. Better than Biology. So I switched from Lang to Lit and Biology to Maths in this one day. Siobhan and Connor also persuaded me to take it. I done all the summer work set and apparently that was really good.... so I just decided to try and keep at it.I don't even know how I'm actually still surviving in A level Maths as many people have been forced to drop it. Plus, I'm the recycle bin. I should have gone ages ago! Then I had the test where I got the U, the resit where I got a C/B.... My results for maths homeworks are very...... weird. One piece of homework I got back was an A grade. Then the next was a U. I get so confused by this! So right now, I'm still continuing with maths... probably until the mocks where I'll fail and be forced to drop it. I would definately drop it if I enjoyed English Lit. But I don't. Also, I have Claire and Siobhan, and me and Claire just love balancing pencils, rulers and rubbers under our noses!
Thats a little explanation about my A levels. Hope you enjoyed reading!
So yeah, its all good...
A :)
No comments:
Post a Comment