Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Candy Crush....

Well, I'm going to talk about something today that will eventually take over my life. And that is Candy Crush! I am so addicted to it at the moment, whenever I have a free chance, I will get out my phone and play on it. And I also get really fustrated when I run out of lives or whatever. I started playing on it when I was bored one evening after work, as I couldn't really be bothered to walk around the city as I was feeling quite tired.

For all you people who don't really know what Candy Crush is, its a game you can get on electronical devices like tablets and phone and you swipe some candy to get 3, 4 or maybe even 5 in a row... I'm really bad at explaining stuff. Google it if you don't know what it is. I have it on my tablet and phone, however I prefer playing it on my phone as I take my phone everywhere, plus you don't need internet to play it. A positive side to Candy Crush.

However, on the negative side as I said earlier, this will eventually take over my life. I need to stop playing it whenever I have a free minute or two. Yesterday, I was on level 23. In sociology, for a five minute break, me and Claire got out our phones and started playing it as we had no teacher. At break, when I was meant to be revising for psychology, I got out my phone and played candy crush... until there was around 5 minutes left until the bell was going to go so I quickly got out my paper and tried to revise the best I could with a lot of distractions.... Which has resulted in me failing that test. Lunchtimes are now spent on candy crush. Although, I do try and be sociable too, but it has become increasingly difficult. By the end of lunchtime yesterday, I was on level 33 which is a pretty tough level to complete. I spent a lot of time yesterday evening trying to complete it, whenever I had lives, but no luck.

So this morning was a brilliant morning. It really was. I found out my dad quit his job and is now self employed, meaning that technically I'm the only one employed by a company in our household. I also had a distraction from Candy Crush as I knew my clothes order would arrive this morning, so there was that to look forward to. I did try a few more times to complete level 33 though, but still no luck. I was so desperate to complete it! Eventually my clothes order arrived.... as soon as I was leaving the house for sixth form. So I had to leave my lovely parcel full of beautiful stuff and go to sixth form.

As soon as I got to sixth form, there was a real buzz about mock exams, which kinda scared me. Me and Claire went to see Jan to get out exam timetables. I have 4, Psychology on Monday, Tuesday Sociology and English Lit and Wednesday Maths. I'm actually dreading all of them, especially English and Maths. However, with sociology I feel like there is more pressure on me to do really well due to my high grade last year.... I do feel like I'm not going to meet expectations for that one. And I'm really hoping that I'll have a day off work on the Sunday before the exams.

Back to sixth form though, I had Maths with Siobhan and Claire which kinda showed me how obsessed I am with Candy Crush. Basically we had to come up with a question for the solution we got given. Our teacher had the brilliant idea of a decathlon.... hmmm.... Although mine was a bit more.... relatable.... Candy Crush! This has given me the wake-up call of how addicted I am.... If I can relate Candy Crush to maths.... something is not right. I just loved the fact how everyone elses were more..... sane. Like the one about the biology class, then the coin one, then the driving lesson one......... and then Candy Crush. Also, I found some maths homework which I really can't remember doing at all (being serious here) so now people think I do maths in my sleep... I also got a lovely cheer from Gemma for my maths homework mark!

Luckily, I only had 2 lessons today so I went home early..... and I unwrapped my parcel full of goodies and tried everything on (I literally have fallen in love with these new clothes) and it gave me another chance to play on Candy Crush. I PASSED LEVEL 33!! Finally! So happy about that! I have completed up to level 35 now, however, I need to ask friends on facebook to help me get onto the next level. My phone is too exhausted for that at the moment so I'll have to try tomorrow.

And now I'm watching Doctor Who before Waterloo Road starts...

So yeah, its all good....

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment