Monday, 13 January 2014

Work, Nandos, Work...

I haven't blogged this weekend. Major shock! Lish was asking me at Nandos about blogging about going to Nandos... and then Siobhan asked me whether I had blogged about my weekend.. So I'm going to blog about my weekend... due to this!

Saturday... I actually can't remember. Well, I can... but I also can't. I served Claire, Elli and Lish.. (a coke and a sprite) I can remember serving a few big orders too, but it weren't as busy as I expected it to be. I suppose now christmas is over we will be less busy as the christmas rush has gone. I still took 110 orders that day. It seems pretty mad... I talked to over 100 people on saturday.... I think the biggest number of orders I've ever taken in one day was over 300. Talking to over 300 people in a day is just... madness! I didn't make any mistakes either... so that was a good day! I was kept on for my full shift.... Other people went home early... and I was kept on. Any other time, I wouldn't mind... but not when I'm waiting to go to Nandos! I told a few people at work I was going to Nandos... Mankini Man wanted to come but I said no... quite a few times! I was feeling rather tired and didn't really feel like going out for Nandos afterwards but it was all worth it when I saw all my friends (Lish, Paige, Claire, Elli, Siobhan, Emma and Kez)! I had a chicken burger which was really nice. Plus I saw Paige! And we shared a bottomless drink, got the straws mixed up and we debated about sharing a frozen yogurt (We didn't in the end. The flavour of the day was Black Forest Gateau. We expected something normal like strawberry or chocolate. But oh no.) Emma is a very slow eater... as we all discovered. Lish was laughing like mad for most of the evening. I think the most funniest part was when, as we were leaving, I tried to throw a straw wrapper at Paige... But I have such a bad aim. The wrapper went flying past Paige's face and hit the man behind her in the face! He looked up... I quickly grabbed my bag and left! Then Emma got stuck in the toilets?!? (Not sure, wasn't there for that bit after I had made my great escape!) Then we were waiting for Emmas mum to pick us up and me and Kez were watching people in poundland clear up and clean the floor and stock up rolls, which was funny! A great night out with my friends!

And onto Sunday.... which was even quieter! We were just standing there.... I think I must have taken around 3 orders in the space of an hour? This is how busy we were. Still, I think today was the most memorable for memories and stuff. I made a frappe which overflowed, covering myself, the counter, the customers tray with caramel. My hands got covered in this caramel mixture, it did smell nice though! I also did the fun job of filling up the kids bags with a toy, which is actually pretty good! I did it with Amy and we got the AA system going again, this time with kids bags! She put the toy in each kids bag while I made the huge tower of kids bags. While we were doing it, we had a lovely chat, then we started looking at the toys in the kids bags. They are pacman themed, 6 toys to collect (Trust me, after making a tower of around 50 kids bags, I knew this) however we only had 2 out of 6, the yellow pacman and this other one which looked slightly like a Moshi Monster. We were making up this bags on the front counter, then Amy got a customer. (I had served him only around 15 minutes ago. We had a lovely conversation about him spending too much money, then he showed me is sunglasses) Amy was like "Back again?!" and he said "Yep, I came back just for the conversation!", then he started asking us what the kids toys were and we were like "There are only 2 choices!" and then I picked up the Moshi Monster lookalike toy and said "I really think this one looks like a Moshi Monster". He looked bewildered and amazed at the same time and said "What the heck is a Moshi Monster?" and then I started saying all about Moshi Monsters being a kids thing and how it has its own film and books and stuff and Amy started joining in. This guy looked proper amazed by it all! We don't have conversations with customers about Moshi Monsters! My conversations with customers are so normal. I remembered on saturday, this woman was telling me about how she had drank too much wine the night before. Again, I was kept on for the whole of my shift. We were meant to shut at 4.30. I was the last one left on till. Then suddenly, this massive splurge of people arrived. I don't know where they came from?!? I had to serve all of them... 4 or 5 orders on the go when the managers were trying to shut! Everyone was helping with this last few orders, then I went. I went back home, ate chinese then slept..... I have done so much sixth form work, as you can tell! I'm looking forward to next Saturday though.... Working 9-5! I can finally sing this song now!

Monday... I didn't have to go in until half 10. Then I had private study with Lish, Elli and Claire, where all we really did was pass notes. I tried to do some maths homework... but I didn't understand any of it. Then I actually had maths with Claire. We had started to learn about Integration. Everyone is saying it's so much easier than differentiation... but I think differentiation's easier! Oh dear... this is going to go so well! Lunch was slightly... weird. I felt so tired, like I was in a dreamworld (If this makes sense?) and I was saying really weird things and stuff. Then we had Psychology, with no Strax! Stress without Strax! Maybe Strax got too stressed about teaching us stress? Luckily, I had my poster of Strax in my bag, so he was kinda there, with us. We went to the study centre and took a few notes on stress. I got slightly distracted by these 2 men in a white van outside though, one kept climbing on the van and there was a wobbly ladder...

Woaahh, I wrote slightly more than I intended to. Hope you had a good time reading!

So yeah, its all good....

A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment